Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker's back - back again...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this today from Fisker...

Presenting new luxury electric transportation at New York's only jet-set lifestyle event...
8th - 9th September 2017 | Essex County Airport

RDS Automotive Group proudly presents the
Karma Revero at The Elite New York

There’s a new name in town when it comes to luxury electrics: Karma. With the introduction of the Karma Revero comes a 4-door coupe from Karma Automotive that is unlike anything else on the market.

Karma of The Main Line will be presenting one of their latest models at the event with an additional vehicle available for test driving opportunities. Feel the thrill of the 'jet-set lifestyle' with Karma at The Elite New York, 8th-9th September, Essex County Airport, NJ.

With its sleek, athletic design, hand painted badges, and unique solar panel roof, the Revero is sure to stand out from the crowd. A lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 miles of pure-electric driving range pairing with an internal combustion engine to keep you on the road for 300 miles before needing to recharge or refuel.

Book your Test Drive
Karma of The Main Line will have an additional car located in the test drive area at the event. Meet with the Karma representatives at their booth to arrange your test drive and experience this world-class luxury electric automobile.

Inside, you’re met with the intoxicating aroma of minimally tanned leather and reclaimed wood trim. It’s all what helps to make the new Karma Revero unexpected, unconventional and unquestionably breathtaking.

Beauty’s beast. A look at the Revero’s refined battery technology

Visit the Website
The Elite New York
The Elite New York is more than an event; it is a world of experiences that selectively showcases the very best of private aviation, marine, supercars and luxury brands all at one exclusive location.
09017556-a5f0-4976-be9b-17c9e20fa9d2.jpg

Jet-Set Lifestyle
Jet-Set Lifestyle Experience hands-on a wide selection of private aircraft from jets to light planes and helicopters. Fly-before-you-buy by arranging a demo-flight with one of the exhibiting sales charter operators.
a9fe22f7-c813-4f5c-91b7-91dffffed23c.jpg

Supercar Showcase
Design to be different. Pedigree performance and prestige are the key components of this luxury automotive showcase. Browse an impressive range of new and pre-owned models from hyper-cars to luxury 4x4s.
6c40bcd0-17a1-4874-9f1f-58f01e7da2e9.jpg

Marine Showcase
Presenting some of the finest names and greatest marine products from powerboats to luxury motor yachts at New York's most exciting new luxury lifestyle event.
33fb1309-fc8e-434d-b67e-24721c0691c1.jpg

Luxury Brand Show
Featuring stunning brands from fine art and interior design to fashion and exquisite jewellery. Meet the world's most sought after lifestyle brands in a unique celebration of craftsmanship and quality.
Our Exclusive Venue
Air Bound Aviation's facilities at Essex County Airport will play host to The Elite New York in 2017. Located just 21 miles west of Manhattan, New York's second closest airport is also the home to its fastest growing FBO, which has become a preferred gateway for VIP visitors to the New York metro area.

EXHIBITING OPPORTUNITIES

Make The Elite New York your luxury lifestyle exhibiting platform in 2017. For more information and to secure your place contact our team today.
EXHIBITOR BROCHURE
© 2017 The Elite Events Ltd
The Elite Luxury Events Ltd. AvBuyer House, 34A High Street, Thames Ditton, Surrey KT7 0RY United Kingdom

To stop receiving emails from us simply: Unsubscribe Here
You're receiving this email because you opted in at our website or signed

For those in Irvine, California, be on the lookout for a Karma with MFR plates last seen (twice) near Alton and Jamboree roughly 10 am. I think they live the the apartments near there.

No idea what it's story is. I don't even remember the color, so it must be black.

I had the opportunity to get a sneak peak at the car last week at a fundraiser at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Beach CA. Externally, it's gorgeous - looks just like the Fisker Karma. Inside, the appointments are super-luxury - a step above Mercedes, a step below Bentley. Now here are the problems:

1. EV range: 50 miles on a charge. yes, 50. Then you switch to plug-in hybrid mode. I pressed the rep about the drivetrain and it's built by GM. It's apparently a Chevy Volt! Literally. Which brings me to #2.

2. Because it's a very expensive Volt, the Karma Revero has a large central hump (the battery) down the middle of the car. This means, like the Volt, only 2 rear seats. They're nice seats, mind you, but only 2 rear seats.

3. No frunk since there's an engine in there.

4. No panorama roof. Instead you get a "solar roof". When I asked how much electricity you get out of it, I was told that for EACH day parked in bright, hot, direct sunlight, it'll generate 2 miles of range. They literally said: "imagine you go away to Asia for a month and leave the car out in the sun, you'll come back to a full battery!" hahah -- yeah, 50 miles!

5. No superchargers planned "We don't need them - we can switch to gasoline"

6. No real tech in the car -- no self-driving, no cabin tech, small touch screen. Their excuse "Tesla is a tech product, this is a luxury product."

Regardless, they're eager to try to sell to me, so they're delivering me one of the first street-legal demo units for an extended at-home overnight test drive. I'll report more. That said, I can't imagine anyone here lining up to pay $130,000 plus for an overpriced Chevy Volt.

1. EV range: 50 miles on a charge. yes, 50. Then you switch to plug-in hybrid mode. I pressed the rep about the drivetrain and it's built by GM. It's apparently a Chevy Volt! Literally.

No, it literally is not.

The Cadillac CT6 has a Volt battery pack,controller, but with a 2.0 litre Turbo ICE instead of a 1.5 normally aspirated ICE in the Volt. So it is packaged differently and adjusted software for the new ICE.

The Revero has the same ICE Cadillac 2.0 litre 4 cyl Turbo generator built by GM. It has a different battery pack. Cells from A123 not from LG Chem. It has a different controller with different software.

I had the opportunity to get a sneak peak at the car last week at a fundraiser at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Beach CA. Externally, it's gorgeous - looks just like the Fisker Karma. Inside, the appointments are super-luxury - a step above Mercedes, a step below Bentley. Now here are the problems:

1. EV range: 50 miles on a charge. yes, 50. Then you switch to plug-in hybrid mode. I pressed the rep about the drivetrain and it's built by GM. It's apparently a Chevy Volt! Literally. Which brings me to #2.

2. Because it's a very expensive Volt, the Karma Revero has a large central hump (the battery) down the middle of the car. This means, like the Volt, only 2 rear seats. They're nice seats, mind you, but only 2 rear seats.

3. No frunk since there's an engine in there.

4. No panorama roof. Instead you get a "solar roof". When I asked how much electricity you get out of it, I was told that for EACH day parked in bright, hot, direct sunlight, it'll generate 2 miles of range. They literally said: "imagine you go away to Asia for a month and leave the car out in the sun, you'll come back to a full battery!" hahah -- yeah, 50 miles!

5. No superchargers planned "We don't need them - we can switch to gasoline"

6. No real tech in the car -- no self-driving, no cabin tech, small touch screen. Their excuse "Tesla is a tech product, this is a luxury product."

Regardless, they're eager to try to sell to me, so they're delivering me one of the first street-legal demo units for an extended at-home overnight test drive. I'll report more. That said, I can't imagine anyone here lining up to pay $130,000 plus for an overpriced Chevy Volt.

I know the Fisker Karma quite intimately. It is much different than the volt in that it is a pure serial hybrid that is RWD.

The solar roof is a huge sham, it can put out "max" 200w which is useless, the old solar roof looked way better from an aesthetic standpoint. In practice you would be lucky to get 40-50w during the sun angle peak

They use the 12v battery to boost to the HV battery (horrible idea IMO)

The Revero has a 40kw DC Combo plug

IMO they botched the design significantly, the original was better and classier, the new colors and interior combos are extremely gaudy.

With the premium price tag and "jet set" sales pitch, if Fisker really wanted to make an impression and make a difference with an EREV configuration, he should be partnering with Wrightspeed and putting Fulcrum turbines into the new car.

Then he can sell the jet set line - and it's much smaller, lighter, and smoother than any ICE extender he could lay his hands on, with less maintenance.

..This means, like the Volt, only 2 rear seats. They're nice seats, mind you, but only 2 rear seats.

The last two Volts are 5 seaters, and yes you can fit 5 average sized adults in them. 'Big Folk' up front, more petite passengers to the rear. My kids do it all the time. 18 is an adult, or at least old enough to be executed by their neighbors.

Pragmatically:

After 7 years, there is still not 100% EV charging coverage in the world. Not even Tesla. Nor do they refuel as quickly as liquid fuel if time is critical.

The average American drives 14,000mi a year, and 86% of folk live 25mi or closer to work: https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/...s/omnistats/volume_03_issue_04/pdf/entire.pdf

100 miles of battery is a lot more expense and heavier than a 4 cyl ICE generator.

Carbon footprint can actually be smaller on a EREV than a BEV. Seriously. Dropping 1,000lb off a car's weight has a lot of advantages.