Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

fit and finish issues

everything normal?

• yep

• nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please do. I've got some relatively minor stuff too that I'm not sure is worth the effort of fighting over and being without my car for. At least not until I find some more serious stuff. I've really only had the car for a week cuz it's been in the shop otherwise.

Just curious. Can you check the black triangle the side mirrors are under? My passenger side one is coming away at the top enough I think they'll replace without question. The right one is iffy. It's definitely not flush though. Both sides aren't. I think the bottom is the depth it's really supposed to be, but the top part is coming out. It's just sitting on top of weatherstripping so I think part of the problem is bad design in addition to bad assembly. Rocklin, I think, is just less willing to work with you than some other stores, although they're pretty polite about it.

Yes, my black triangle side mirrors are the same as yours, even the passanger side sticks out more at he top area, are they going to fix yours?

I see how there getting 33% profit on my car.

Finally got my car back after 16 days Update fails, originally when I drove their to do simple pick up, ended up waiting about 6 hours then went back home W/O car (1 hour each way).

Tesla Rocklin did not fix any of the factory defects listed above, and they added my escalation/complaint when I messaged corporate to the work order.

I got mine a couple weeks ago. I've thought it pretty much perfect and everyone is blown away when they see it. Now I'm afraid to look at the problem areas everyone seems to be experiencing. Once I see it, I can never unsee it and it will probably start annoying me. Too much internet screws me again :(

reminds me of watching this video by Tavarish about the parts on his Aston that aren't exactly premium

Lol. Knowing Aston, that doesn't surprise me.

I was referring to this, however:
aston-martin-virage-key.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Lasairfion
Please do. I've got some relatively minor stuff too that I'm not sure is worth the effort of fighting over and being without my car for. At least not until I find some more serious stuff. I've really only had the car for a week cuz it's been in the shop otherwise.

Just curious. Can you check the black triangle the side mirrors are under? My passenger side one is coming away at the top enough I think they'll replace without question. The right one is iffy. It's definitely not flush though. Both sides aren't. I think the bottom is the depth it's really supposed to be, but the top part is coming out. It's just sitting on top of weatherstripping so I think part of the problem is bad design in addition to bad assembly. Rocklin, I think, is just less willing to work with you than some other stores, although they're pretty polite about it.
I set up a service (Santa Clara, CA) for the passenger triangle. Mine is way out at the top, too (and driver side a smidgen). They said it's a common problem, no good fix, have tried various things, and there will "probably" be a recall "some time in the future." They also said it's entirely cosmetic, that the rubber underneath provides all the weather proofing. Still, not what you hope for when dropping this kind of change on a new car. It's the only problem I've noticed, though, so guess I'll live with it or maybe try a home repair. If I have any luck, I'll post it.

• Helpful
Reactions: gambit48
Just thought I would add to the post. I have enjoyed multiple Teslas including my Model S and Roadster. In addition I have seen many of my friends Model S and X up close. Each and everyone has some minor issue...sometimes very minor others a little more. I can honestly say that my Model 3 that was delivered Friday was in awesome condition except 2 minor paint areas. I did warn them not to do the "deap detail" that that wanted to do prior to delivery, because I was concerned someone would just put swirl marks all over my fresh paint. So it was just simply hosed off and brought to me.

It appears there was some bubbles in the rear bumper and some chipped paint over passenger door. Cant believe they actually thought I would not see the chipped area. But the kid dropping it off pointed it out immediately and documented it all. I declined taking the car and they said they would have it repaired quickly.

As of today, they say it will be ready for delivery by 10am monday morning.

Let me just say, I went over the whole car and if you can tell how detailed I am, I was blown away by the quality. Every panel was perfect, the lights were perfect, the charge port was flush....I can go on and on. I am very impressed. So hopefully by monday, my delivery will take place and my detailer will begin the transformation of deleting the chrome and wrapping the whole car in a clear matte finish.

My only recommendation is to not pay online...I held my cashiers check and told them to see if they could meet my Monday timeline. It appears at this point they will be able to deliver.

20180809_125416.jpg 20180809_125359.jpg

I HAD a flush charge port until it failed and I got the new revision. Now it sticks out on the bottom. I am bringing it up at my next appointment in August, but dont have high hopes for a fix.
In previous threads people had mention there was no seal or gasget on the charge port. I have one on mine. Perhaps the new part added the gasget.