TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fitted Model S car cover. Does one exist?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by nexsuperne101, Aug 25, 2016.

1. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

Hi, I am probably a bit out of the ordinary when it comes to your average Tesla owner, as I don't have a garage or a carport. What I do have is 3 oak trees that drop sap all over anything that is parked vaguely near them. It washes off OK, but it is a pain every morning!
    So my question is, do Tesla make a proper fitted car cover that allows the charging plug to be used?

And before you ask, no I can't cut the trees down, as they are protected by law.

TIA

2. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

I bought the outdoor cover from the Tesla store. Fits perfectly, and allows access to the charge port. Excellent fit

3. Boourns

Boourns Member

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#4 BluestarE3, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    To the OP: Is this available in the UK in a local Tesla store? The on-line store linked above only ships to the US and Canada. Or is there a UK version of the on-line store?

5. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

I will have to get it shipped over. Not a problem, as I have family in Sacramento, so they can buy it and send it over.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! :)

6. NullException

NullException Member

• Informative x 1
  7. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Do you need to disengage the folding mirrors to use these, or can they close?

8. NullException

NullException Member

I believe you can fold/unfold the mirrors with both the Tesla cover and the Evannex one. I don't either of them, but am considering buying one for similar reasons to the OP.

From Evannex's FAQ:

9. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Right. Thank you very much, I apologize for not seeking out the Q&A first and appreciate your doing so.
    For $99, I'm going to give it a go.

10. outOfPhase

outOfPhase Member

Did you get the Evannex cover in the end, if so what do you think?

11. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

Looks like the price went up from the $99 he quoted. I also wonder how it worked out.

12. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

I reviewed the EVAnnex cover here: http://teslapittsburgh.blogspot.com/2016/09/review-presidential-cover-up.html

Essentially, yes-- you can fold the mirrors and such without disturbing the cover. It's quite well made and takes just a couple minutes to stow and go, assuming you get in the habit of folding it properly. Easily fits in the frunk... even that tiny one you new owners have.

13. JimmyMcNulty

JimmyMcNulty Member

Speaking of this, how do y'all feel about covers while parked on the street? Does it bring more attention than needed?