TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Five Roadsters for Sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Bluhorizan, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Bluhorizan

Bluhorizan Member

Is this a sign that the market is starting to move on these vehicles as we get closer to delivery of the Model S and unveiling of the Model X?

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Actually there are 6 now and the unfortunate part is there is only one that made it to the completed listings the lime green one, sig 100, for $70,300. Maybe we just need $5/gal gas.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Well, for many people, the roadster just isn't a practical vehicle. If it were a leaf or a model s, I'd bet it would be higher (larger market)

4. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

You can compare it to the Elise listings:
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?Model=Elise&Make=Lotus

$70,300/$115,000 is ~60%.

The highest Elise SC got a bid up to $35k, which is also about 60% of the original list price (~$55k).

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

There was a white one on E-bay also yesterday.

7. lil_k9

lil_k9 New Member

Make that 8 as of today.

8. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

Maybe this should be a new thread, but does anyone know if Tesla will take a trade-in Roadster when someone buys a Model-S? I know a bunch of leases will be dealt that way. Any chatter somewhere else on this forum?

9. Plinck

Plinck Member

I asked when I ordered my Model-S and they said no. I will be looking to sell my roadster when I get close to getting my Model-S. I am sequence number 214 but dont know when that means I should get it.

Actually, I am a bit nervous about selling it on eBay. I was looking for a 3rd party/company that specializes in this to do it for me. Anyone know of a good place for that?

10. twisti

twisti Model S #7,439

I asked them via email and the answer was yes.

11. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

By the way... congrats on your 1st post. Someone (me) quoted and took notice of you within hours. I still post and get ignored so you're well ahead of the curve :crying:

12. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

When i bought my Roadster I was told there were 2 lease programs. One was an ordinary lease. The other was a lease-until-you-get-your-Model S program. Neither one seemed like a good deal so I don't remember the details. Now I would have a hard time parting with the Roadster so won't be selling it but I expect a lot of used ones as Model S deliveries start. I know Tesla has bought some cars back but don't know the details.

13. RobM

RobM Member

Outlets

It looks like the ones that have been sold in the last year or two go with either Ebay or one of the exotic resellers, which seem to be regional.

This site sells on behalf of what is likely their car care customer base: WebbWax.com - Vehicle Sales.
    This site handles NY area classics and exotics: 2010 Used Tesla Roadster Sport 2.5 at Exotic Classics, LLC Serving New York,Manhattan, NY, IID 8387968.

It seems like a hit and miss proposition, but I imagine someone will try to corner the Roadster resale market in the next year as they start to come up for resale (even a 10% turn over in the US would be approx. 140 cars at any given time).

When are you thinking of selling? I'm interested in buying a Roadster. Care to share pictures, etc?

Rob