Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for Broken FSD Beta 10.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue on my 2nd drive.

Recalibrated Cameras and in 5-10 minutes I was up and running.

Did 120 mile drive and no false FCW’s

Note: When you go on the highway it reverts back to standard AP. When get back off city driving comes back on.

I normally don’t use Nav on AutoPilot but I enabled it. It “almost” did door to door. I had to intervene a couple times that didn’t feel safe/good (it might have been ok).

Nav on autopilot still hit ramps a bit fast and wiggly.

Only difference on highway was it seemed to follow speed limits where it used to more or less ignore them. And I assume it’s in “Vision” mode.

I wonder if when you turn off beta if Radar comes back on and can go above 80 mph again.
Did a soft reset and waited a few hours, works fine again.
Very wild driving experience, going to make a post about it tomorrow.

Thanks for this :)

... I don’t know if 10.3 changed my settings when I first updated, or if Tesla did a stealth settings change themselves without an update in an attempt to workaround the bug even without me updating

All this hypothesizing is driving me crazy. I wish Tesla would tell us what is going on and what to do..... Is my car safe to drive?

This is exactly what the NHTSA was talking about with the emergency vehicles update. Tesla has changed the safety features of your vehicle over the air, seemingly without you knowing, and without giving any in-car communication.

I haven't seen anyone saying the changes happened while they were driving (which would be much worse). I hope at least that didn't happen.

The original 10.3 download took place while my wife was out of town with our 2020 MY. She did not activate FSD, but got all of the failures that are being described, both on local and Interstate driving. I had warned her about the early reports of bad bugs, but this was a real “Test Pilot” kind of day. She’s got the right stuff, because she did not freak out. She wound her Apple Watch, and pressed on.

Our car is in deep sleep, and I’ll take it up to the Kennedy Space Center (good local safe test area) for another test flight in a few minutes…

Many thanks to all of you who are pitching in to help keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down!

After performing leepoffaith’s excellent deep sleep therapy for 35 minutes, our 2020 MY awoke refreshed and ready to show me what FSD beta 10.3 is all about. It worked!

We’re showing “FSD Beta 10.3 (2021.36.5.2 ac349fb9aa19)” BTW.

I drove first manually, then stepped up incrementally through the various levels of AP automation to FSD, with several miles in each mode. There were no anomalies, and the FSD experience was excellent. This was really rewarding, folks!

I stopped a couple of times, with exit & door lock with a re-entry at The Kennedy Space Center (seriously — even got the attention of Center Security) each time. I also swapped driver profile settings and played with a few other parameters to see if anything would trigger an anomaly.

No anomalies — but there was no traffic, either!

I picked a couple of residential areas to let FSD navigate me home from. It worked as well as the best 10.2 FSD video that I’ve seen on You Tube! I had FSD set to “Chill”, and was sad to see that it almost stopped at every stop sign. I’m anal about making full stops at signs that actually say: “STOP”.

Traffic lights were no problem, as were unprotected lefts. I made one left that was 130 degrees, and it was a bit jittery, but managed it well.

This was a bit more than an hour driving on a variety of roads in the dark of night, with almost no traffic and speeds ranging from 15 mph to 55 mph.

My wife’s going to take the car to work in a few hours, and I do feel a lot better now.

Thank you again, leepoffaith!

All this hypothesizing is driving me crazy. I wish Tesla would tell us what is going on and what to do. As beta testers we deserve some communication! My car still has 10.3. It slammed the brakes on the freeway at 70mph this morning and constant crash warnings for cars 100ft away. Downgrade completed but not installed. Is my car safe to drive?
If you read your post, you will find the answer.

2020 MY.

My wife has been driving on AP this morning with only one anomaly. She got: “Lane Departure Avoidance System Unavailable”, even though AP was on and keeping her in the lane nicely.

I Googled it and found a suggestion that this message may be triggered by letting your car face into night sun while parked. That was not the case here.

Was it just a transient? Any wisdom?

Didn’t do any fix, left car overnight. This am drive seems everything is fixed. Noted FCW and Automatic Emergency Breaking is toggled off. Still on 10.3. No errors like yesterday seen yet both on FSD and AP. Can anyone else confirm?
On my series of test drives early this morning, I started with FCW and AEB left in the toggled off position. I’m assuming that they were intentionally toggled of by the secondary software push yesterday. Then I toggled them back on with no adverse effect.

We’re all test pilots (with no training) here. Actually, I’ll bet that there may actually be some real test pilots on this forum…

What we really need is 15 year old programmers, perhaps?

• Funny
Reactions: gaspi101
Didn’t do any fix, left car overnight. This am drive seems everything is fixed. Noted FCW and Automatic Emergency Breaking is toggled off. Still on 10.3. No errors like yesterday seen yet both on FSD and AP. Can anyone else confirm?
Same here - FCW and AEP are now disabled but I am still on 10.3. Also noticed that AEB stays disabled between drives which is different behavior than before.