Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for Broken FSD Beta 10.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve never had an update auto install - that’s probably a safety feature. I’m still on 5.2 and FSD is working fine, but Ben though my app shows the 5.1 download had finished but I never said yes to install.
Yeah mine is working fine after letting it sleep. I’ll leave it as it is unless I find a true safety issue. Thanks for the reply! I’ll keep ya posted if it auto installs.

Reactions: ChaoticNeutral
Have any of you ever beta or alpha tested software before? This is par for the course and expected behavior, you’ll get the next version of beta when they have it in a good place for you to test it, your saftey score is gone because you qualified for the beta program already and your car has been added to a list for the future deployments. In the future expect it to behave adversely and for the software to be “buggy” that’s why we are testing it, they found issues with our particular hardware when running the software and it’s behavior results in a behavior previously undiscovered etc, that’s how beta works welcome to the party baby wahoo FSD Beta!

This is really too bad. When it was working, it was a pretty significant improvement over 10.2. One spot near my home it made a dangerous move every time on 10.2. The car did not even consider the wrong thing on 10.3.

But like most others, I'm now getting an FCW every 15 seconds, sometimes as far as 300 feet from the next car at 30-40mph.

Reactions: hcdavis3
This is really too bad. When it was working, it was a pretty significant improvement over 10.2. One spot near my home it made a dangerous move every time on 10.2. The car did not even consider the wrong thing on 10.3.

But like most others, I'm now getting an FCW every 15 seconds, sometimes as far as 300 feet from the next car at 30-40mph.
wait till you see your safety score :(

• Funny
Reactions: Thp3
Users on Twitter are reporting that 2021.36.5.1 was pulled. It no longer appears available for me and I still have 10.3. Perhaps in their haste, they pushed the wrong OTA update and we'll get 10.2 restored (if 10.3 really must be pulled).

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Quite typical of trillion dollar companies 😆
You gotta feel bad for the dev team here. I don’t think there’s any question they’re under the gun and being rushed. Some people argue haven’t you ever used beta software, yeah of course, but being unable to upload a receipt to your beta expense report app is a little different then slamming on the brakes going from 70-5 on a freeway. They shouldn‘t be making code changes and shipping to customers in what appears from the outside to be an extremely short time.

Reactions: Eugene Ash and Thp3
For me, it also started downloading, then canceled. Autopilot and everything are working normally, and its says that my software is up to date. Was wondering whether they were able to push a fix without updating, and therefore stopped the rollback to the previous version.

WARNING: My car on the highway without AP on slammed on the brakes. No bridge, no nothing. Not phantom braking. Full slam. I immediately hit the pedal and it overrode it. It was scary. Cars were all around and we were all going 80. I was going to insist you all do the update but it just disappeared for me as well. Just be careful out there family.

I will probably post a new thread as well but here is the procedure to "fix" 10.3 aka 2021.36.5.2 without going to 2021.36.5.1 (I wasn't in the beta for 10.2):

1. Turn off FSD Beta
2. Turn off Expanded FSD Visualization Preview
3. Turn off Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control - this may not be necessary but I wasn't using this before 10.3
4. Start a new Camera Calibration and let it complete, should be "good to go"
5. DO NOT TURN ON the FSD Beta or Expanded Visualization

This won't give you FSD Beta but it will leave you in the Beta Program AND with a fully functional AP/NoA driving car until they push the next 10.3 version.

the downgrade option disappeared to me. did an OK FSD drive in the morning. and before the afternoon drive, i checked that the config of the AEB and FCW are all turned off (i believe automatically as I always keep them on), sentry or summon are also off. Not sure tesla pushed a auto config update for all 10.3.

• Informative
Reactions: Eugene Ash
the downgrade option disappeared to me. did an OK FSD drive in the morning. and before the afternoon drive, i checked that the config of the AEB and FCW are all turned off (i believe automatically as I always keep them on), sentry or summon are also off. Not sure tesla pushed a auto config update for all 10.3.
oh on top the FSD for my 2nd drive was ok. To be fair I never got on the FWY so don't know if speed dependent.

Have any of you ever beta or alpha tested software before? This is par for the course and expected behavior, you’ll get the next version of beta when they have it in a good place for you to test it, your saftey score is gone because you qualified for the beta program already and your car has been added to a list for the future deployments. In the future expect it to behave adversely and for the software to be “buggy” that’s why we are testing it, they found issues with our particular hardware when running the software and it’s behavior results in a behavior previously undiscovered etc, that’s how beta works welcome to the party baby wahoo FSD Beta!
I don’t think you can assume that. Lot’s of folks are back with low scores. So they might have to get back to 99+ to go through the whole process again. If what you say was true they would have rolled back to 10.2. My guess is the bug thinks you’re a risky driver and automatically unenrolled you from beta. I won’t be installing any updates as long as I can still drive safely.

Also musk mumbled something about hardware variations causing the problem and it might be a while before it’s fixed.

What you said might happen but it’s pure speculation as is my comments.