TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fix for Model 3 Armrest Squeak?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by willow_hiller, Feb 22, 2020.

1. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Active Member

Just got my car back from the Service Center where they replaced my front USB ports, and now the armrest/center console squeaks when I open it.

Rather than a ~1 hour drive back to the Service Center, I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this problem and found a DIY fix for it.

Thanks!

2. willow_hiller

Does anyone have any advice on how to disassemble the console/armrest? I've found some videos online on how to remove the shiny black plastic console parts, but so far no luck on how to disassemble the padded armrest part.

I figure if I can get into the armrest, I can identify which parts are rubbing together to create the squeak.

3. Jeffers0n

Jeffers0n Member

I also have this problem. Any updates?

4. willow_hiller

Yes! So I "exercised" the arm rest back and forth a bit under the theory that if the squeak was caused by two pieces of plastic rubbing together, it would eventually would eventually go away on its own. Eventually it did, but not all at once.

That being said, the weather also warmed up quite a bit, so I'm not sure if it was the movement or the heat that fixed it.