Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for Model 3 Armrest Squeak?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
Just got my car back from the Service Center where they replaced my front USB ports, and now the armrest/center console squeaks when I open it.

Rather than a ~1 hour drive back to the Service Center, I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this problem and found a DIY fix for it.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any advice on how to disassemble the console/armrest? I've found some videos online on how to remove the shiny black plastic console parts, but so far no luck on how to disassemble the padded armrest part.

I figure if I can get into the armrest, I can identify which parts are rubbing together to create the squeak.

I also have this problem. Any updates?

Yes! So I "exercised" the arm rest back and forth a bit under the theory that if the squeak was caused by two pieces of plastic rubbing together, it would eventually would eventually go away on its own. Eventually it did, but not all at once.

That being said, the weather also warmed up quite a bit, so I'm not sure if it was the movement or the heat that fixed it.