Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for Rattle / Buzz Noise !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe I figured out how to fix the high frequency "rattle buzz" that sometimes occurs when driving over cobblestone, pavers, or rough road! My son helped me isolate it.

This is NOT the fix for front end "rattle rumble" that is plaguing so many cars and featured in the below thread.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/rattle-noise-coming-from-front-air-suspension.108171/

We found that the rear cup holders that pop out of the newer style center console seem to be the culprit! With them in and stowed, the noise is quite apparent over rough surfaces. The noise (to me) sounds like a buzz, and I was thinking it was the license plate frame as it sounds like it's behind the driver and in the back.

Pop out the rear cup holders and the sound goes away! Now we just need a way to dampen them in the stowed position.

Anyway, if you have the higher frequency "buzz" and a newer center console like this...give it a try and post your observations!

Thanks!

Had that problem as well. Two weeks ago I added felt tape in three location: under the cup holder, on top at the back edge and a small piece on the inside of each hole where the ring that hold the cup ends. All noise is now gone.