Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for rear seat belt buckles rattling against the side of the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very relieved to have fixed the rattling noise that comes from the seat buckles on the two rear outside seats. When the seat belts are not buckled, the buckles sit between the seat and the plastic side of the car and rattle against the side whenever going over a bump. It drove me crazy, so I put a few strips of this felt tape on the plastic and the sound is gone. The tape is black, so you don't even notice it. I have to imagine that every MY has this problem.

I also use felt tape and recently saw this

edit, looks like you can print a not-as-nice version if you have a printer
1643157011764.jpeg

The seat belt holder is probably not practical for 7 seaters. When the second row seat is moved and tilted forward for 3rd row entry, the belt, while on the holder, would get in the way for access. So the felt tape/foam tape fix is simpler and more adaptive.

I am having the same issue with the front passenger seat belt buckle, too. That's really a design oversight.
Yes - that's where I've had buckle rattle in my 2021 MYLR. I'm usually alone in the vehicle. I've considered leaving the passenger-side belt buckled up when not in use. But don't know if that might lead to some loosening/detensioning of the belt over time.

Reactions: 1835Texas
I am very relieved to have fixed the rattling noise that comes from the seat buckles on the two rear outside seats. When the seat belts are not buckled, the buckles sit between the seat and the plastic side of the car and rattle against the side whenever going over a bump. It drove me crazy, so I put a few strips of this felt tape on the plastic and the sound is gone. The tape is black, so you don't even notice it. I have to imagine that every MY has this problem.

Yes, my front seat passenger one rattles. I always keep my rear seats down and don't notice the rear belts making noise. I just ordered your felt tape on amazon. Thanks for the tip!

Pics of where you placed the felt tape, please?

Reactions: JeffreyC