TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fix-it Ticket : No Front Plate

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Lunares, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM.

1. gilscales

gilscales Member

You now have one demerit! wanna try for another just keep that front plate on!

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

I was too young to get a green plate. But NOW..you can tell which drivers to avoid on the roads by these plates.

in MA, plates stay with the driver, so the YOUNGEST MA drivers with green plates are 47, which isn't old, but the majority of green plate-holders in MA are much older.

If you see a Prius with a green plate, leave them a lot of room.

• Like x 1
  3. MatildaModel3

MatildaModel3 Member

I must have done this about 6 times with my old BMW in SF. Cop would always give me a fix it ticket. I had a photo saved in my phone from when I taped the plate on. I would then take it in to the police station and they would sign off on it and get rid of it. Was a bit of effort but better than drilling holes in the front bumper.

4. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

Thanks, for $11 w/shipping I just ordered it. I don't normally run with my front plate but this will be handy for times I am going to be parking in the city or elsewhere that I might pick up a ticket.

I've been stopped once for not having a front plate and was given a warning, but that was about 15 years ago. I'm sure cops still pull people over for no front plate but they seem to have more to worry about lately, like writing speeding tickets, eating donuts and confiscating people's property.

5. Need

Need Active Member

The seller is a forum user here @kpalaniswami. I bought his original sets for Model X last year and it works really well and look great on my wife's X. She parks her car in the cities that always gives out parking ticket with no front plate and I got tired of paying them. I bought the Model 3 set from him in Dec last year on ebay (same price as etsy). I will put it on if I ever get a no front plate ticket and just leave it there.

6. focher

focher Member

Yes, the same as pretty much every does. Then you accept the consequences.

7. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

It's the accepting the consequences part that people have a hard time with.

8. focher

focher Member

Exactly which states protect people from smash and grabs? And how is that accomplished?

9. BigBluu

BigBluu Member

Absolutely! I regularly jaywalk when it's safe and almost never stay under the speed limit when traffic is free flowing on the freeway. I am just a rebel that way!

If you go in to a police station's parking lot where the officers park there private cars, I guarantee you there will be more than a handful of them without front plates plus front tinted windows.

• Like x 6
  10. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

#50 MXWing, Feb 12, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:44 AM
    Please don’t be dense. A few who agree with me know what’s up.

States that imprison window smashers would be a good start.

One state that doesn’t do it is California.

Incidents like this would be international news in Singapore. They beat that ass. Literally and figuratively.

11. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

While driving my beautiful car I have never seen the front plate.

• Love x 1
  12. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I do pick and choose which laws to obey just like the police pick and choose which laws to enforce.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  13. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

You know society is ass backwards when the populace fears the authorities versus the other way around.

If Steve Jobs was alive, he'd fund the kickstarter to remove front plates as a ballot initiative. :(

• Like x 1
  14. sreams

sreams Member

If the law required me to wear a tutu in public every day, I'd risk the fix-it ticket.

• Love x 2
  15. outie

outie Active Member

Correction - both front and rear plates.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Steve Jobs used to do 6 Months leases so he would never need to put license plates on his car. Made parking so much easier.

17. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Makes not paying for bridge toll easier too. :D

18. mswlogo

mswlogo Active Member

I held on to our Green and White plate in MA for a long time. It was very faded and was warned several times by inspection that they would not pass it again. There are services to get them refinished like new. But very expensive and takes a week without your plate. When I saw the Model 3 bracket was just stuck on, I didn't care that much. The dealer had also drilled holes on the prior car (VW) for the license bracket when specifically asked not too. And had to live with plugs that refused to hold paint and looked worse than having a plate, ugh. So I gave up on Model 3.

19. davekr

davekr Member

I don't think any states can protect from 'smash & grabs'
    butt they can sure dissuade by prosecuting them...

so we have government deciding which laws they
    choose to obey, as in overlooking 'smash & grabs!'

• Like x 2
  20. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

It's pretty hard for law enforcement to really do anything about smash and grabs unless you have a video of the incident. I'm hoping that Sentry mode will help with this.