Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix scratch on Yoke?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I have a scratch/minor tear on the yoke and am just wondering if anyone has an idea on how to fix this? Is there some product that can be used to fill in the scratch? Any thoughts at all? Maybe warranty would cover it - but the wait for replacing the yoke would be very long I suspect (I'm still waiting on a replacement piece from my mid-July delivery!). It is on the bottom left corner, in the back, so a reasonable quick fix would be ok for me since it's not in a glaring in your face spot.

If needed, I can post a pic - just not in a position to do that at the moment.

Thanks all!

Thanks. Here's a generic pic from the web showing the location of the scratch (red circle). I guess the material is synthetic leather, but it's a very tight material unlike the seats, console etc.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 938
Hi folks,

I have a scratch/minor tear on the yoke and am just wondering if anyone has an idea on how to fix this? Is there some product that can be used to fill in the scratch? Any thoughts at all? Maybe warranty would cover it - but the wait for replacing the yoke would be very long I suspect (I'm still waiting on a replacement piece from my mid-July delivery!). It is on the bottom left corner, in the back, so a reasonable quick fix would be ok for me since it's not in a glaring in your face spot.

If needed, I can post a pic - just not in a position to do that at the moment.

Thanks all!
Warranty is not going to cover a cosmetic defect like that. Would need to see a pic of what the damage looks like. A “scratch” in the leather isn’t something I would even entertain fixing. If it is a tear, how big is it?

Here's a pic. If anyone has an idea, let me know. Otherwise will try to find a leather shop - just figured maybe someone dealt with something like this before. Thanks!!

Attachments

• Scratch.jpg
    Scratch.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 334
Here's a pic. If anyone has an idea, let me know. Otherwise will try to find a leather shop - just figured maybe someone dealt with something like this before. Thanks!!
Some detailers can handle things like this. If there is a competent and reputable one in your area I think there likely could make it largely unnoticeable. I had a pretty bad scratch on the passenger from someone getting into an AMG GTR I had at the time. Probably 4” long and pretty bad looking. I asked my detailer and he said yeah, no problem. I had to look really, REALLY hard to find where the scratch had been after the repair.

Reactions: Huachipato
Warranty is not going to cover a cosmetic defect like that. Would need to see a pic of what the damage looks like. A “scratch” in the leather isn’t something I would even entertain fixing. If it is a tear, how big is it?
I love the yoke steering., While turning, my wedding ring got caught on the upper left of the wheel—no more wedding bands while driving.

Interesting, I have a little section on my left side corner and they told me it’s not covered. Car just turned 13 months and wondering if the thin layer of leather that’s used will happen elsewhere.
My yoke had a section that wore after 6 months and Tesla replaced my yoke under warranty. The yoke is covered in a thin material that can easily wear off, especially if exposed to hand sanitizer containing alcohol. My new yoke is a rev F, not sure what the different rev are.
56B2876D-AA47-41A1-95FA-D4F7E48F12E2.jpeg