Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix the Fold [auto folding mirrors]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no way to adjust the driving speed reaches 31 mph right? The speed limit is 25 around here till i leave the 'hood

I still think that if you have location-aware folding that the mirrors will unfold as you move away from the location where they fold (mine do anyway).

If you MANUALLY fold them, then you either have to MANUALLY unfold them or wait until you hit 31mph (or whatever speed it is).

• Informative
Reactions: Btreth and vickh
I still think that if you have location-aware folding that the mirrors will unfold as you move away from the location where they fold (mine do anyway).

If you MANUALLY fold them, then you either have to MANUALLY unfold them or wait until you hit 31mph (or whatever speed it is).

I do have location-aware folding

I'd like it to unfold when I switch as soon as I'm out of the garage or from R to D etc instantly. i'll try waiting longer,

I do have location-aware folding

I'd like it to unfold when I switch as soon as I'm out of the garage or from R to D etc instantly. i'll try waiting longer,

My mirrors unfold at approximately the same distance away as when they fold. It's not as soon as I'm out of the garage, but maybe 50-100 feet away.

Switching from R to D makes no difference--nor I do I think it should, as sometimes I back into the garage and never shift from R to D anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: Btreth and vickh
I too like the originators idea of auto fold in Park. And I believe in the “having cake and eat it too” principle. I also need to back into a tight garage to charge. I want to use both the backup cam and the mirrors and have them folded so I can squeeze by with that 40 lb bag of garbage.
So how much trouble would it be to add auto fold at this location with a slide switch “when in park” feature? I think everyone on this thread would be happy. I do appreciate learning about the “ffffffold mirrors” voice command. Is somebody a fan of “Th Who” song, My Generation?

Great idea; side mirror stow on 'Park' option. This is better than simply having the mirrors stow on arrival at a certain geographical location, but I support 'Stow on Park' being appended to our existing options.

My Model S mirrors fold as I pull into my drive. I think it's really cool.
However my problems start when I get back Into the car. They unfold automatically as you'd expect, then as I start to reverse out they fold in again because they are recognising the location.
It's a stupid bug and should be an easy fix.

My Model S mirrors fold as I pull into my drive. I think it's really cool.
However my problems start when I get back Into the car. They unfold automatically as you'd expect, then as I start to reverse out they fold in again because they are recognising the location.
It's a stupid bug and should be an easy fix.
I guess I wouldn't expect this, nor is this what happens in my Model 3. The cars do not unfold until I am away from my home location (or until I'm over some set speed). I'm glad it works this way because I specifically fold them at my home location so I can get into/out of my garage. So if my car behaved the way you say yours did, I would say the bug is that they unfold too soon.