Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix to: Locked out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drilling into the car seems Um not to be a jerk but stupid on an expensive car that you can easily just open using your phone! If mobile is able to open it you can open it remotely.

If you had this issue go buy a $10 battery. It’s about to fail. (For the fob)

When you pull off the black front nosecone, I have watched a Tesla technician snake a formed long rod thru the first panel, through another panel, and pull a latch so the frunk will open. You didn't think I meant drilling a hole in the bodywork or anyplace where it would allow moisture or dirt in, did you?

I have been unable to get my Samsung Galaxy Note+ phone and the Tesla to communicate with each other. Yet the Tesla screen does list my phone by its model number. And I have seen my cell phone ask if it is ok to connect to Tesla. I'm missing something. I am replying many weeks later and still no luck with communication.

My avatar is my grandson, he was a premmie but is fine now, 7 months later

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 49
I have been unable to get my Samsung Galaxy Note+ phone and the Tesla to communicate with each other. Yet the Tesla screen does list my phone by its model number. And I have seen my cell phone ask if it is ok to connect to Tesla. I'm missing something. I am replying many weeks later and still no luck with communication.

This is unrelated, your car does NOT connect to the car for your tesla app to function. What you are looking at inside the car is to connect to BLUETOOTH to handle functions like incoming calls and streaming music, this does not allow any remote functions to work and is not necessary.

Your tesla app connects to Tesla's server via LTE, then connects to your car (also by LTE) so there is no link between your phone and your car. If you are having trouble with the app this is on the backend. What is it showing on the tesla app?

If your keyfob is low on battery you can put it on the passenger wiper and it should work. Then you can put it in the cupholder I think to start the car. Never tried it before.
I recommend that you try it. It does work but finding the proper spot is not easy. It will not stay in the proper spot by itself due to gravity. You need a second person to hold it in place or something of the right width to prop it against the wiper arm.
Try two fob lengths from the wiper mount point toward the center of the car and then one fob width up the glass from the wiper arm.
Take the battery out of the fob for the test.

This is unrelated, your car does NOT connect to the car for your tesla app to function. What you are looking at inside the car is to connect to BLUETOOTH to handle functions like incoming calls and streaming music, this does not allow any remote functions to work and is not necessary.

Your tesla app connects to Tesla's server via LTE, then connects to your car (also by LTE) so there is no link between your phone and your car. If you are having trouble with the app this is on the backend. What is it showing on the tesla app?

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I can get this to work. (Grandpa is a bit slow at times)
Tesla and my model designation top center
The rest of the screen is grayed out, but now able to see it.
Settings icon UPPER LEFT
Loot icon UPPER RIGHT
Warning: yellow triangle center of the screen

"Mobile Access Disabled
To enable, go to Controls > Safety
& Security > Allow Mobile Access in
your car"

My mistake, maybe I can blame my optometrist? I have been putting that off (Covid-19 I figured any patients would be a risk)
Now that I see Tesla's suggestion I will try it. (tomorrow when it is light and warmer)
I have been using intuition in the car, made the car visible to others...that was all I could try.

Grandpa