Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix TPMS error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 P85

Exchanged out my original 21” Turbines for new Arachnids. Had a problem getting the TPMS to sync so I took it to the service center. They told me my car had the old TPMS system and the new wheels had the Bluetooth version (or is backwards?). Anyhow, is there a way to easily fix this or at least turn off the nag that asks me to reset the system ever time I drive?

it looks like service gave you the answer. you have the incorrect tpms for your model year. there are two different versions of tpms and your car has the older one and the wheels have the noncompatible new version. easy fix, you need to replace the tpms sensors for the version your car supports. hard fix, update the entire tpms system to the newer version for more time and money and your wheels will magically work again.

Upvote 0
it looks like service gave you the answer. you have the incorrect tpms for your model year. there are two different versions of tpms and your car has the older one and the wheels have the noncompatible new version. you need to replace the tpms sensors for the version your car supports, easy fix. hard fix. update the entire tpms system to the newer version for more time and money and your wheels will magically work again.
Thanks, I appreciate the response. Before I'm able to do the switch to matching TMPS systems, is there a way to turn off the nag message?

Upvote 0