Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixed glass scratches on our MY (5/2020 build)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found large scratches on our windshield, which was not observed until driving into the sun, and then confirmed upon close inspection at home. I also found what are likely cat claw scratches on the glass roof near the windshield.

This is on our MY PUP, blue / white interior with a 5/18/2020 build date.

Check yours just in case, and report to Tesla to have them correct it as it took about an hour of effort to fix each section.

I had all the tools to do the repair myself and I didn't want to risk Tesla doing a poor job and damaging something else. Also found an opportunity to fully polish and apply glass coating to all exterior glass.

MY factory glass scratches.jpeg

Did this over the weekend:

Found large scratches on our windshield, which was not observed until driving into the sun, and then confirmed upon close inspection at home. I also found what are likely cat claw scratches on the glass roof near the windshield.

This is on our MY PUP, blue / white interior with a 5/18/2020 build date.

Check yours just in case, and report to Tesla to have them correct it as it took about an hour of effort to fix each section.

I had all the tools to do the repair myself and I didn't want to risk Tesla doing a poor job and damaging something else. Also found an opportunity to fully polish and apply glass coating to all exterior glass.

View attachment 549394

Did this over the weekend:

I am waiting for parts/glass replacement for side windows, that I pointed out at delivery day - that was 2 months ago.

How hard or easy is it to fix the scratches. I have about 3 three inch superficial scratch, and some "sanded" like patch 4x4 inch on another window.

All is hard to see unless on some angle/lighting - where they show.

I am waiting for parts/glass replacement for side windows, that I pointed out at delivery day - that was 2 months ago.

How hard or easy is it to fix the scratches. I have about 3 three inch superficial scratch, and some "sanded" like patch 4x4 inch on another window.

Interesting that our very early Model 3 (VIN 138x) had apparent windshield defects in that exact same area. Fortunately, ours turned out to be pain overspray that was fixed with an aggressive surface cleaning at the SvC.

Yours, unfortunately, appears to indeed be damage to the glass that can't be buffed right out.

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ

sounds like these can be polished out using the same method I tried- CeriGlass with the rayon polishing pad on a machine polisher.. the ones on my windshield and glass roof all came off with enough effort