TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fixed spoiler with hole??

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by llngoc, Jul 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. llngoc

llngoc Member

Finally got a chance to wash the X and have a close look at all the panels, fit, etc. While washing the back of the car, I noticed there is a hole under the glass under the spoiler. It looks to me these holes are meant for the P90D's movable spolier but why would a 90D with fixed spoiler have these gaping holes though.

Anyone else see this with their 90D with fixed spoiler?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Spidy

Spidy Member

Most likely cheaper to manufacture and easier logistics. They probably stamp that hole together with some other transformations so it pretty much costs them next to nothing and they don't need additional tooling to get in that hole into the P90D parts.

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

I think my car has those but there is a rubber grommet
    IMG_0117.JPG

4. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

Draining holes for water maybe?
    If the area is full with water and it freezes, it will destroy the stuck spoiler when beeing raised.
    (But probably just a case we in freezing Norway would think about, and not in sunny California ;)

5. llngoc

llngoc Member

Hmmm. Looks like something to check with SC.