TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fixes, but not fixed

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Gwgan, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

#1 Gwgan, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Rear doors are scratching the body paint on my Model 3. Service took a look and escalated the problem to Engineering, solution TBD. Meanwhile, they added the rear deck garnish, greased a noisy rear half shaft, and performed a few bulletin items including replacing Front Window Motor/Regulators Due To Water Ingress, replacing UMC, and replacing Front Stabilizer Bar Links Due to Ball Joint Stud Cracking. They did not appreciate the windscreen noise over 50mph, although they did test for air leaks (not the problem, IMO), or reproduce the Bluetooth phone echo.
    tldr: didn’t fix my concern (yet) but addressed some of theirs which were more important.
    87956936-86A9-48AA-BB58-815063FE3DB3.jpeg
    C929163D-F9E0-4AAD-99FE-9820742172F5.jpeg

• Informative x 3
  2. mcreston

mcreston Member

I've got the same scratches on my rear doors as well. I'll have to bring it up to them as well as the wind noise. my vin is 10,000ish

3. mcreston

mcreston Member

what is your vin?

B

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

30xx. Received in March

5. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

Wait a second... let me check my car again. I had scratches at a similar place but not to the same extent. Mine is probably unrelated though and likely coincidence.

6. mcreston

mcreston Member

intertesting. can't remember my exact one but it's a tick higher than 10,000 and I got it at the end of march here in norcal.

7. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

Mine was NOT from the door, please disregard.