Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixes for seal and/or alignment issues on early deliveries? Service plan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all of you who took relative early deliveries which were plagued by the notorious seal and alignment issues, have your service centers been able to fix them?
I'm at about 11,500 miles and will be bringing it in for the first routine (have gone in 3 times to address minor issues) service. So I was wondering how well, or perhaps poorly, Tesla has been in rectifying these issues.
On that note, has anyone been offered a service plan yet? As of 2 weeks ago, my SC had nothing.

For all of you who took relative early deliveries which were plagued by the notorious seal and alignment issues, have your service centers been able to fix them?
I'm at about 11,500 miles and will be bringing it in for the first routine (have gone in 3 times to address minor issues) service. So I was wondering how well, or perhaps poorly, Tesla has been in rectifying these issues.
On that note, has anyone been offered a service plan yet? As of 2 weeks ago, my SC had nothing.

I have Signiture 27X and I had some significant hatch alignment and FWD false positive sensor issues. Although, it took a while for the SC to schedule the alignment with a 3rd party, all the issues have been resolved under warranty and the car is now fantastic. It still has some minor SW annoyances...but these are getting resolved with each update....Love the X -

Have not heard anything about service plans

My car was produced the first week of production manufacturing. I have had enumerous problems with the hardest problem to resolve being the wind noise coming from around the passenger and driver's windows. I won't bore you with the multitude of problems but I am down to one problem which is an issue where the hatchback is out of align. This is going to require the replacement of the entire hatchback assembly and then painting. This will take five weeks once the parts come in. In all, my car has been in for service 5 times and 5 months out of the approximately 7 months I have had the car. At least each time they have picked the car up using a porter and flat bed truck and provided a Model S. I have less than around 2000 miles on the car.

Over time the service center has improved in the quality of work performed as well as how the staff treats you. As for the wind noise problem they had to replace the triangular glass as well as the regular window on each side along with latching mechanisms. I now have no wind noise and only minimal amount of road noise except when it rains. They also compensated me for all my issues.