Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixes to request prior to warranty expiration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm soon going to be past my 50K mileage warranty and am curious what others have needed replaced that commonly gets replaced under warranty? For example, many have brought their car in for something else, but then had the service team "replace the charge port pin deadfronts as part of SB-18-44-010.". This hasn't been done in my early 2018 LR, but am not sure if they will do it out of warranty? I've got no issues other than some inconsistent rattles, I'm just not looking forward to pulling out my wallet on all future non-covered issues, so I'm proactively looking to make sure their aren't things I'm just missing that I should have checked soon....

I will. I'm bringing it in for what is likely my last fully in-warranty service call this coming Friday and was hoping to get anything else on record if they couldn't fix it then. I've been very happy with the first almost 50K, that helps. My biggest personal issue are the occasional random squeaks and rattles that I find difficult to pinpoint. I literally crawled into the trunk with the seats down while my wife drove around to identify and eliminate the last one. That one turned out to be the mid- level rubber pad on the trunk needed to be adjusted outward to make more solid contact when the truck was closed. But there aren't always some adjustments available!

Reactions: go2realize
Inspect all your glass super close around the edges.

double check lower trunk and Frunk is bone dry.

I had them put a whole new charge port and they did.

I’d try to give a good hard supercharge from 20% to 100% (start with a warmed up battery), ideally on V3 but at least on V2. Battery is covered but not inverters etc. Try a L2 48A charge if you can too.

Check your signature lights.

Check under car for missing plugs or torn underliner.

Check horn.

• Any panel/ trim adjustments
  • My 18” glovebox kept opening which mobile service told me was very common-replaces with new part revision
  • Condensation in tail/head lights
  • Drive gear shifter (end piece with labels for drive, neutral, park) tab slightly unattached
  • Wheel well liners have no missing/ unattached tabs

Check your front doors to see if they make a snapping/clicking as they are opened and closed. My driver’s side door started doing this and we’re at 43k...not much time left for the warranty! :/

That is most likely the mirror making the snapping noise when it opens and closes. It needs to be adjusted at the service center. It sounds like the door because the mirror opens at the same time. I had the same issue and thought it was the door. Just make sure that you do not have excess wind buffeting noise from the drivers side window after they fix the mirror. I think my window is misaligned now.

• Helpful
Reactions: woodisgood
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. My service appointment this Friday now includes a few more items....
" We will also be upgrading your computer to Hardware 3 to be ready for Full Self Driving and replacing the charge port deadpins, as these are open campaigns for your vehicle. Have a great day. We will see you on Friday."

Reactions: tvad
You should get your AC intake replaced as per the following PSA: Car wash warning - Tesla Owners Online

Snip20200129_1.png

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
For condensation in the head/tail lights, are the SC replacing those items if condensation is present at the time of service ?
I've had a hard time getting them replaced. I've sent pics of mine and had a SC appointment scheduled. I'm not too concerned about the condensation that goes away after a little while. However, my headlights have streaks and residue inside the housing that implies that it is not venting properly or quick enough (and it just looks bad since it can't be cleaned). Got a text first that it "did not look normal" , then another saying they were going to cancel because it is actually normal. I argued that the streaks inside of the headlights are different then all the other lights even though they all get condensation inside of them so it is now "with their engineering team to determine next steps".

So...you might have a fight on your hands for that