Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing a Tesla as easy as Lego [Article]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone sent me this article about fixing a Model S. Thought it was interesting and worth a share

This man was so fed up trying to get his Tesla fixed that he ended up doing it himself

"I was infuriated beyond belief because everyone told me that it was an impossible car to work on" he said.

They were wrong.

"When I opened it up, I find out that it's the easiest car I've ever worked on. Easiest device I've ever worked on. They built a Lego car. It's like putting together Legos, taking apart Legos. If you can put together Legos you can put together a Tesla Model S."

NB: The car in the article is one of the early model S and is therefore out of warranty.

Last edited:
i dont get whats the point of these articles. how is this any different from a traditional car? you can say any gas car is also like lego's, you are just fitting the right pieces together. just that it has more parts. lol

In their defense, it is easier working on electric vehicles as compared to ICE engine units (be they air or water-cooled). Swapping out a motor is typically a matter of removing bolts and disconnecting wires...far less complex than swapping out an engine. Same goes for a lot of electronic components when the system is designed with "line replaceable units" (LRUs). I personally haven't done any work on my Tesla so have no personal experience, but it does seem that getting to things and connecting/disconnecting them is fairly easy (albeit you need to go through a lot of bolts/screws/interference to access things... I can see why the analogy was made...