Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing Damaged Tesla's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if this has been covered before.......I did not find it in reviewing past threads.

As I am not a Tesla owner as of yet and I don't live anywhere near a Tesla Service Center I am concerned about if there is any accidents that need to be repaired and also if any appointments that need to be made at a Service Center with a disabled Tesla....what is the normal response from Tesla?
Do they contract a flat bed tow truck to get the Tesla to get repaired?

Thank you

Tesla doesn't currently do accident/collision repairs, so you would need to look for an Tesla authorized body shop near you. Vehicle transportation costs should be included with the insurance claim.

As far as warranty/Service Center work, Tesla is trying to do most repairs via their Tesla Mobile Repair vans where they come to you to take care of most issues. (The service used to be called Tesla Rangers.) But in the case of a disabled car they normally pay to tow it. (I think there is a mileage limit that is stated in the warranty.)

To obtain warranty service, you must notify Tesla within the applicable warranty period, and deliver the vehicle, at your expense (except where Tesla is obligated to undertake towing), during regular business hours to a Tesla Service Center of your choice.

Roadside Assistance

Tesla Roadside Assistance is a service intended to minimize inconvenience when your Tesla vehicle is inoperable. This service is available to you 24/7 by calling 877-798-3752. For vehicle malfunctions due to warrantable issues, transportation services, provided by Roadside Assistance, are covered by Tesla for the first 500 miles (800 km) to the nearest Tesla Service Center. You are responsible for transportation costs beyond 500 miles (800 km) or any additional transportation from such locations to any additional location. The vehicle must be covered by a Tesla New Vehicle, Used Vehicle, or Used Vehicle Extended Limited Warranty and located in the North America Region at the time Roadside Assistance is requested; however, Roadside Assistance is a separate service and is not provided under a Tesla New Vehicle, Used Vehicle, or Used Vehicle Extended Limited Warranty. Flat tires are not covered under warranty; however Tesla will cover the cost of a tow, provided by Roadside Assistance, for the first 50 miles (80 km) to the nearest Tesla Service Center, while the vehicle is covered by a Tesla New Vehicle, Used Vehicle, or Used Vehicle Extended Limited Warranty. The cost of towing for a flat tire beyond 50 miles (80 km) and the cost of the replacement tire(s) are at your expense. Please refer to our Roadside Assistance policy for full details and disclosures.

So if the vehicle is inoperable they will take care of it, but otherwise it is up to you to drive it to them for most issues. (Assuming that their mobile service can't take care of it or isn't available in your area.)

Last edited:
Reactions: EARL99208
Tesla doesn't currently do accident/collision repairs, so you would need to look for an Tesla authorized body shop near you. Vehicle transportation costs should be included with the insurance claim.

As far as warranty/Service Center work, Tesla is trying to do most repairs via their Tesla Mobile Repair vans where they come to you to take care of most issues. (The service used to be called Tesla Rangers.) But in the case of a disabled car they normally pay to tow it. (I think there is a mileage limit that is stated in the warranty.)

So if the vehicle is inoperable they will take care of it, but otherwise it is up to you to drive it to them for most issues. (Assuming that their mobile service can't take care of it or isn't available in your area.)

Thank you for making it all clear.

I apologize if this has been covered before.......I did not find it in reviewing past threads.

As I am not a Tesla owner as of yet and I don't live anywhere near a Tesla Service Center I am concerned about if there is any accidents that need to be repaired and also if any appointments that need to be made at a Service Center with a disabled Tesla....what is the normal response from Tesla?
Do they contract a flat bed tow truck to get the Tesla to get repaired?

Thank you
I live in NC about 115 miles from the SC. When I had a small problem, Tesla sent a flatbed . Dropped off a car for me to drive and took mine to the shop. They returned my car in two days. This is the kind of service you expect for a car that cost over 100K but you seldom receive it. Buy one when you can. You won't be disappointed.

I live in NC about 115 miles from the SC. When I had a small problem, Tesla sent a flatbed . Dropped off a car for me to drive and took mine to the shop. They returned my car in two days. This is the kind of service you expect for a car that cost over 100K but you seldom receive it. Buy one when you can. You won't be disappointed.
Your experience will unlikely be replicated near overwhelmed SC's.

Last edited:
I live an hour away from the closest SC and they sent a mobile tech when I had an issue so I didnt have to drive the hour each way. For someone who never takes a vehicle to the dealer for service due to all the headaches and overpricing, I am very impressed with Tesla's service department.