TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fixing Damaged Tesla's

Discussion in 'Model S' started by EARL99208, May 23, 2018.

1. EARL99208

EARL99208 Member

I apologize if this has been covered before.......I did not find it in reviewing past threads.

As I am not a Tesla owner as of yet and I don't live anywhere near a Tesla Service Center I am concerned about if there is any accidents that need to be repaired and also if any appointments that need to be made at a Service Center with a disabled Tesla....what is the normal response from Tesla?
    Do they contract a flat bed tow truck to get the Tesla to get repaired?

Thank you

2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

#2 MP3Mike, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Tesla doesn't currently do accident/collision repairs, so you would need to look for an Tesla authorized body shop near you. Vehicle transportation costs should be included with the insurance claim.

As far as warranty/Service Center work, Tesla is trying to do most repairs via their Tesla Mobile Repair vans where they come to you to take care of most issues. (The service used to be called Tesla Rangers.) But in the case of a disabled car they normally pay to tow it. (I think there is a mileage limit that is stated in the warranty.)

So if the vehicle is inoperable they will take care of it, but otherwise it is up to you to drive it to them for most issues. (Assuming that their mobile service can't take care of it or isn't available in your area.)

• Like x 1
  3. EARL99208

EARL99208 Member

Thank you for making it all clear.

4. jrwaters1

jrwaters1 Member

I live in NC about 115 miles from the SC. When I had a small problem, Tesla sent a flatbed . Dropped off a car for me to drive and took mine to the shop. They returned my car in two days. This is the kind of service you expect for a car that cost over 100K but you seldom receive it. Buy one when you can. You won't be disappointed.

5. David.85D

David.85D Member

This link lets you search for authorized body shops. They are the only way to get collision parts...

Body Shop Support

• Like x 1
  6. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

#6 Cloxxki, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Your experience will unlikely be replicated near overwhelmed SC's.

7. apiske148

apiske148 Member

I live an hour away from the closest SC and they sent a mobile tech when I had an issue so I didnt have to drive the hour each way. For someone who never takes a vehicle to the dealer for service due to all the headaches and overpricing, I am very impressed with Tesla's service department.