Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing Issues Noted at Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just picked up our MYP yesterday and noted some issues we are submitting tonight for Tesla to address. If some of these include panel gaps and trim pieces that may need to be adjusted, I assume we would need to have these items fixed before getting the front PPF and ceramic done?

I’m actually leaning toward just not doing the PPF or ceramic coating. Our plan is to own this car for 3-5 years and it seems like most (other than the folks on the forum here) don’t do any sort of PPF protection and everything ends up being fine.
It really depends on how much chips bother you. I had a 2021 LR MY lease and in one year the front end was riddled with chips from highway driving. When my P came in I had full frontal and lower doors done with PPF immediately. The 2021 still looked great from 10+ feet away but all the chips really irked me each time I washed her.

It really depends on how much chips bother you. I had a 2021 LR MY lease and in one year the front end was riddled with chips from highway driving. When my P came in I had full frontal and lower doors done with PPF immediately. The 2021 still looked great from 10+ feet away but all the chips really irked me each time I washed her.
Yeah I hear you and that would bug me too. We just submitted the service request for the issues noted at delivery. The appt isn’t until July 29th. So that means we will have three weeks of driving, including some freeway time, before we will be able to have the PPF and ceramic applied.