Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing magnet signage to your glass roof!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to use my Model 3 as a lead vehicle in a cycle road race this weekend, but the signage stuff was all magnetic (not suction cups) so I needed to create a bespoke magnet/glass interface ;-) This is what I built and it worked a treat!

The cyclists were really happy not to be breathing in exhaust fumes whilst racing each other :)

Sharing here in case it inspires others in a similar position, as I know for a fact that many Tesla owners are also cycling enthusiasts.

IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5163.JPG

I wanted to use my Model 3 as a lead vehicle in a cycle road race this weekend, but the signage stuff was all magnetic (not suction cups) so I needed to create a bespoke magnet/glass interface ;-) This is what I built and it worked a treat!

The cyclists were really happy not to be breathing in exhaust fumes whilst racing each other :)

Sharing here in case it inspires others in a similar position, as I know for a fact that many Tesla owners are also cycling enthusiasts.

View attachment 708748View attachment 708749
Very nifty indeed! I've often thought about the fumes that cycle racers must have to breath from support vehicles and motorbikes. Inevitably it's not very aerodynamic but I imagine most of the driving is at low to moderate speeds so perhaps not too much of a range killer!

Very nifty indeed! I've often thought about the fumes that cycle racers must have to breath from support vehicles and motorbikes. Inevitably it's not very aerodynamic but I imagine most of the driving is at low to moderate speeds so perhaps not too much of a range killer!
Exactly, thats why I was spurred on to "solve the problem"! The highest speed I went up to was a blip to 65mph, but an average of 25mph, and it was totally solid and secure etc. It probably effected my efficiency a little bit though!

FYI, I got 101% Efficiency, at 219 Wh/mi.
13.40 kWh used over 61 miles and 2 hours.

Reactions: doggy1 and Adopado