Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

fixing model S door handles

passhard

Oct 26, 2019
near Montreal
everytime the ranger fixes my handle...it's not quite the same as it was originally.

now they squeak when u pull on them and rattle when ya shut the doors.

dang self presenting door handles--- at least they look good

Rockster

Oct 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
The self-presenting door handles are cool, for sure, but after rebuilding three of them myself I would be perfectly happy if my S had the same door handle design as my Model 3. Those are just as aerodynamic, very easy to use, and promise to be much more robust.

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
i think closing the door with the handle pits a lot of pressure on the paddle and causes that failure.

I haven’t had any replaced yet, but agree with the Op on more noises from some doors. I have one that catches and rattles. Figure I’m in for a replacement soon.

wga22

Aug 10, 2015
Vienna, VA
Here is what it looks like when breaks the gear. paddlegear.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC