Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing scratch in leather seat

Oct 28, 2019
Canton, MA
My 2016 MS with black next gen seats somehow ended up getting a long, curved scratch in the passenger seat. I'm guessing one of my passengers had something in their back pocket that scratched the leather as their were sliding their rear end out of there. Is there a product anyone would recommend to try to stain the scratch to match the rest of the seat again?

Rockster

Oct 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
There are leather repair people who are quite good and can typically make such scratches disappear. It's a bit of an art form. It's not uncommon for car dealer repair departments to accidentally damage a seat while servicing a car and need to have it repaired. I suggest calling a couple of local car dealer service departments and asking them who they use.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC