Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing the Off Top Post Problem in Busy Forums, Like Investors-Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
There should be a subscription option that allowed paid subscribers to a new service to Click To Hide selected posts so they never show again in that subscriber's account.

Other Click To Hide subscribers could either:
1- Use the system as described, or-

2- Choose the threshold number of Hide-Clicks by other Hide-Clickers to posts to be likewise hidden from their view, or-

3- Copy a favorite fellow forum member and see only their Un-Hide-Clicked posts (provided that member has approved that public transparency). Those who opt to allow others to duplicate their Hide-Selections might opt to show how many fellow Hide-Followers they have so that other subscribers could opt to duplicate the most popularly followed.

Finally paid my dime and bought my handsome little red S-shield (most expensive supporter option,
I might add!). I'd LOVE to pay as much again to become a TMC Hide Clicker to help pay for getting that software written.

Much simpler than I made it sound, and would save countless wasted forum member hours.

-EDITED way too many times, sorry, best I could do at 3:20 AM. With my suggestion we could all go to bed earlier.

Reactions: mblakele
We are working on a solution that in my experience works very well (I've been using a prototype for a few months now): Show only posts with more than x likes/loves/informative/helpful ratings. Hope to be able to share it soon!

This implicitly hides troll posts and most off topic posts (except for the good ones :)).

We are working on a solution that in my experience works very well (I've been using a prototype for a few months now): Show only posts with more than x likes/loves/informative/helpful ratings. Hope to be able to share it soon!

This implicitly hides troll posts and most off topic posts (except for the good ones :)).

That could work well but might require people to rate posts more than they do now.

I don't see how it could, there are a lot of posts that I want to see that have no ratings at all...
You have to stay behind the most recent page by about 3-5 pages. At that point, there are enough ratings for each post so that the filter works very well.

It only applies to a very high volume thread like the investors roundtable. It's turned off for other threads.

Happy to hear somebody's working on this. Does this allow us to explicitly tag posts to be hidden? Or does it just use the existing rating system (with it's icons much too close together for my big fat fingers)?

Another peeve of mine is that the post arrangement takes up too much vertical space.

There might also be a way to include marginal posts in small print on only a line or two. Too often it's the vertical height of the avatar and bio info that's taller than the post itself.

Last edited:
I hoped my post would result in input from others to refine my idea, then to be paid for by TMC subscribers to benefit everyone after including their input.

The value, to me, depends on how frictionless it is to help me peruse the forum, and if it maintains all the current functionality of the forums without unintended consequences.

I'm new to trading, so to be able to quickly and easily delete irrelevant investment posts and leave the small fraction of good ones to review would allow me to learn quarterly, annual and other TSLA patterns.

If it alters all user's posting habits for the better, that would also be useful.

IMHO The investors Forum should show the actual SP on each post just for reference, plus maybe the previous quarter's EAP and auto production numbers in very fine print to help give perspective to the environment at the time the posts were made... Perhaps even a timeline with relevant historical events (Elon's 420 tweet, start of each GF, important announcements, for example), to hover over showing how long before and how long after each event was from that specific post.