Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FL Delivery - Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 should be delivered to my home on the 6th. I'm reading on the website that

"Tesla will mail your registration and the state DMV will mail your title.
Tesla will mail your plates and registration once processing is complete."

For anyone that has had home delivery in FL, did your car come with a temp (paper) tag or did you have to wait a while for it to come in the mail?

I didn't get home delivery so can't answer your specific question, but I will say that it took two months to get my plates. The temp tag expired after 30 days, they fedexed a new one, it expired, they fedexed another, then the plates arrived. I have heard others having similar experiences. I can't imagine them delivering the car without the temp tag.

You seem to be pretty trusting in purchasing the home delivery option.
So you have already paid for a car you've never seen. I would only buy
and pay for mine at the time I went to the service center for delivery, and after
having inspected it for any flaws in paint or fit/panel gap. After inspection I went
inside the building to hand them a bank check for final payment. To my dismay, employee
said he couldn't accept my check because the bank teller had typed in TELSA instead of
spelling it correctly, and I didn't take notice of that.
This was on a Saturday at about 10 minutes before 1 p.m. and my bank was to close at 1, giving
me only a few minutes to get over there before they locked their doors. If I didn't make it in time,
I would have had to come back on Monday to pick up my Y. I got to the bank with 2 minutes to spare
and was able to get the check exchanged and pick up my car.
If you are new to FL, know you get a digital copy of your title unless you request a physical title.
This is not hard to do on the website, which I did.

I guess you're pretty excited to be getting your car tomorrow - hope all goes well for you.

Born
You seem to be pretty trusting in purchasing the home delivery option.
So you have already paid for a car you've never seen. I would only buy
and pay for mine at the time I went to the service center for delivery, and after
having inspected it for any flaws in paint or fit/panel gap. After inspection I went
inside the building to hand them a bank check for final payment. To my dismay, employee
said he couldn't accept my check because the bank teller had typed in TELSA instead of
spelling it correctly, and I didn't take notice of that.
This was on a Saturday at about 10 minutes before 1 p.m. and my bank was to close at 1, giving
me only a few minutes to get over there before they locked their doors. If I didn't make it in time,
I would have had to come back on Monday to pick up my Y. I got to the bank with 2 minutes to spare
and was able to get the check exchanged and pick up my car.
If you are new to FL, know you get a digital copy of your title unless you request a physical title.
This is not hard to do on the website, which I did.

I guess you're pretty excited to be getting your car tomorrow - hope all goes well for you.
Born and raised Floridian. My question was simply will they supply a paper tag upon delivery.
Regardless, SA texted me and said I could pick it up last night. It's now in my driveway with a normal registration.

Reactions: mthomas87
I didn't get home delivery so can't answer your specific question, but I will say that it took two months to get my plates. The temp tag expired after 30 days, they fedexed a new one, it expired, they fedexed another, then the plates arrived. I have heard others having similar experiences. I can't imagine them delivering the car without the temp tag.
I leased a Tesla in Charlotte NC last year. I was a TN resident at the time. It took Tesla 3 months to register my car in TN. I had to call the Charlotte location for extension on my NC temp tags. Tesla Nashville was the responsible party. Now I'm an OH resident and need to transfer the title for tags here. The BMV title office said I must provide a fax # for Tesla leasing and they would require a power of attorney document from them. Five days now and no response via email. I just emailed the Columbus service center hoping they can help. I haven't had one positive customer experience with Tesla. There products are great but their ego makes them think no one will ever need to contact them. They are very much like apple. As Tesla drivers, we are walking marketing for them. I tell everyone how terrible Tesla is. They owe me $1000 for a tow bill covered under warranty. They aren't pushing back on having to pay it. They are just ignoring me. I'm going to contact an attorney. They are blaming state DMV offices for these issues. Ohio BMV told me in person this was all Tesla. They are having zero delays.