Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FL owners meet-up in Tampa (SC opening celebration) 4/28

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Florida Tesla Owners Group met up this afternoon at the Tampa Service Center and sort of made it it into an opening celebration for the premises there. The whole thing was largely arranged single handed by Larry Chanin, but a huge thank you to SC Manager Mark Laplant and his team who were gracious hosts. I'm sure Larry will modestly chime in and thank a bunch of folks who did lots of behind the scenes work (Mrs Larry looked pretty busy also!). Mark also did a good job to get the SC stocked with Tesla goodies and there seemed to be quite a bit of purchasing going on. Rogbmw was there with his wheel-hub stickers and Larry was very patient as we all climbed in and out of his car to take a look at Soflauthor's CCI.

I'd guess there was well over 100 people there and we counted at least 35 Model Ss. Here's a couple of pics, feel free to add to the thread:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks to the Chanins for organizing a great event. It was great to meet owners from across FL, and for me it was an opportunity to see what I can look forward to in a couple of weeks (hopefully!). Now if only I hadn't left my wallet on the front desk :crying:. At least now I know where the SC is so I can go get it tomorrow.

A wonderful day at the Tampa Service Center grand Opening, thanks the Larry and Mary Ellen for a beautiful food and beverage display, nothing was left out, really a wonderful affair. It was great to meet some of the other Florida owners and of course see all the Model S that showed up, I believe we had every color but Brown for the time I was there. Mark Leplant and his staff were as always wonderful and had the Facility looking like a shiny diamond, TESLA would be very proud of the presentation .
securedownload.jpeg
securedownload.jpeg
securedownload.jpeg

What are those gaps between the clouds in the Ferrari picture? Must be a Florida thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Get in, sit down
shut up & hold on!

I like the sentiment, but hold on to what?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been toying around with a coloring idea (nudged the the T E S L A coloring that was posted a bit back) and I finally found a good picture with the Sig Red to work with.

It's kind of a crude mock-up, but I wanted to get some opinions on whether it looks good, gauche, etc.

Here it is:

SignatureColoring1.png

Because of the reflected scenery, it doesn't show up as strongly as it might normally but I thought I'd share anyway.

Larry and everyone ... great event. Marcia and I enjoyed meeting everyone. I just had not planned on putting wheel stickers on most of the afternoon which limited being able to meet more people, but it was a fun time. Hope to see more of everyone soon!!

Thanks Mark and the gang at Tesla Tampa!

The Florida Tesla Owners Group met up this afternoon at the Tampa Service Center and sort of made it it into an opening celebration for the premises there. The whole thing was largely arranged single handed by Larry Chanin, but a huge thank you to SC Manager Mark Laplant and his team who were gracious hosts. I'm sure Larry will modestly chime in and thank a bunch of folks who did lots of behind the scenes work (Mrs Larry looked pretty busy also!). Mark also did a good job to get the SC stocked with Tesla goodies and there seemed to be quite a bit of purchasing going on. Rogbmw was there with his wheel-hub stickers and Larry was very patient as we all climbed in and out of his car to take a look at Soflauthor's CCI.

I'd guess there was well over 100 people there and we counted at least 35 Model Ss. Here's a couple of pics, feel free to add to the thread:

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for starting this thread.

While its true I initiated this event there are number of folks in particular that deserve special recognition. First I'd like to say that when it comes to the logistics of party planning I am entirely out of my element. :redface: Fortunately, my wife was there to provide both consulting support and hands on direction. I owe her BIG TIME! (I helped by staying out of the way.) I would also like to thank Klaus & Charlie Vietor and Steve & Robin Furniss for their generous efforts in providing much of the refreshments. Kimberly Reese of Tesla was very supportive in coordinating additional refreshments and as you mentioned Mark LaPlant and his entire team couldn't have been better hosts. Thanks to Liam Hawkins for his great photos of the event.

I also want to thank all of our club members that donated for this event. In particular I want to acknowledge the very generous donation made by Warren & Fanny even though they couldn't attend.

Finally, I want to thank George Blankenship and Colette Niazmand of Tesla for responding to Klaus' S.O.S. and express shipping that "care package" with various Tesla merchandise.

It was a fantastic celebration!

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to the Chanins for organizing a great event. It was great to meet owners from across FL, and for me it was an opportunity to see what I can look forward to in a couple of weeks (hopefully!). Now if only I hadn't left my wallet on the front desk :crying:. At least now I know where the SC is so I can go get it tomorrow.

It was great meeting you.

I want to thank you for that great donation of a wallet full of money. Just kidding. :wink:

Regards,

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

A wonderful day at the Tampa Service Center grand Opening, thanks the Larry and Mary Ellen for a beautiful food and beverage display, nothing was left out, really a wonderful affair. It was great to meet some of the other Florida owners and of course see all the Model S that showed up, I believe we had every color but Brown for the time I was there. Mark Leplant and his staff were as always wonderful and had the Facility looking like a shiny diamond, TESLA would be very proud of the presentation .

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the kind words.

Mark and his crew really killed themselves preparing for this celebration. The floors were clean enough to eat off of. What was even more impressive was how he and his staff took the time to take care of little service odds and ends of several owners in the midst of the celebration.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Larry and everyone ... great event. Marcia and I enjoyed meeting everyone. I just had not planned on putting wheel stickers on most of the afternoon which limited being able to meet more people, but it was a fun time. Hope to see more of everyone soon!!

Thanks Mark and the gang at Tesla Tampa!

Hi Roger,

It was great meeting Marcia and chatting with you. Your stickers were a great hit. I feel the same as you, there is never enough time to meet and chat with everyone. We'll just have to plan another event so you can spend more with everyone.

Regards,

Larry

Last edited:
Yeah, what they all said!

Great time and thanks to Larry, MaryEllen, Mark and his team, and everybody who pulled this shindig together. It was nice to meet everyone, talk a lot of Tesla, get some phenomenal stickers (thanks Rob!).

I say we all get together again and do an "Occupy SuperCharger Event" as soon as they give us one to rally around.