Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FL Tesla Roadster round up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I wanted to start a thread to share where we may see a first gen roadster, 1.5 and 2.x, at the various FL Tesla planned events or car shows. I’m planning on making the drive to Gainesville for the Cars and coffee this Sunday 11/8/19.

UPCOMING EVENT: Join Florida Tesla Enthusiasts at the Gainesville Cars & Coffee

I’m hoping to see another roadster there along with all the beautiful MS, MX, and M3.
Hi Thi,

Unfortunately, counting yours, we have less than 9 Roadsters in our entire club of over 700 members across the state.
In looking over the list of club members that signed up for this event, so far you appear to be the only Roadster owner.
There are a few non-members who signed up for which I don't have records on their cars, so it is possible but unlikely that they are coming with Roadsters.

I'm sure that you will attract a lot of attention.

Regards,

Larry

Hi Thi,

Unfortunately, counting yours, we have less than 9 Roadsters in our entire club of over 700 members across the state.
In looking over the list of club members that signed up for this event, so far you appear to be the only Roadster owner.
There are a few non-members who signed up for which I don't have records on their cars, so it is possible but unlikely that they are coming with Roadsters.

I'm sure that you will attract a lot of attention.

Regards,

Larry

No worries and thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to reach out to other FL roadster owners on FTE/TMC since FL was 2nd or 3rd with the number of original roadster owners. Regardless, We’re looking forward to meeting other FTE members and a nice bunch. Many thanks for organizing!

Hi all,

I wanted to start a thread to share where we may see a first gen roadster, 1.5 and 2.x, at the various FL Tesla planned events or car shows. I’m planning on making the drive to Gainesville for the Cars and coffee this Sunday 11/8/19.

UPCOMING EVENT: Join Florida Tesla Enthusiasts at the Gainesville Cars & Coffee

I’m hoping to see another roadster there along with all the beautiful MS, MX, and M3.
You should cross-post with a new thread in the Roadster forum. Several other Roadster gatherings started with announcements there. How far do you live from @MLAUTO ?

Reactions: Larry Chanin
No worries and thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to reach out to other FL roadster owners on FTE/TMC since FL was 2nd or 3rd with the number of original roadster owners. Regardless, We’re looking forward to meeting other FTE members and a nice bunch. Many thanks for organizing!

Hi Thi,

As a member of our club, you have access to our Directory to find out who has a Roadster. To do that login to our website at teslaownersflorida.org with your email address and password. Then click on the Members main menu item. Select Directory from the dropdown list. Click on Advanced search. Scroll down to Tesla(s) you own and select "any of selected" from the dropdown list. Then click on Classic Roadster.

You will find 7 club members who have indicated that they own a Roadster. Four of them live in the Southwest Region, two (counting your Roadster) live in the Central Region, and one lives in the Southeast Region. (It's possible that some may have sold or traded in their Roadsters and have not updated our system.)

If you want to try to organize a Roadster Roundup, I will assist you, but since Roadsters don't have assess to Supercharging some may be reluctant to travel long distances. An ideal place to have the Roundup would be a venue with multiple Tesla Wall Connectors. On January 11th we already have an event planned, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts Meet-up at Whispering Oaks Winery in Oxford. The Winery has 8 full-capacity Tesla Connectors.

Perhaps you might like to compose an invitation to the 7 members with Roadsters to see if they would like to join you at Whispering Oaks on January 11th with their Roadsters.

By the way, our Directory shows that five of our members, including yourself, have an order for the new Roadster.

Regards,

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Thi,

As a member of our club, you have access to our Directory to find out who has a Roadster. To do that login to our website at teslaownersflorida.org with your email address and password. Then click on the Members main menu item. Select Directory from the dropdown list. Click on Advanced search. Scroll down to Tesla(s) you own and select "any of selected" from the dropdown list. Then click on Classic Roadster.

You will find 7 club members who have indicated that they own a Roadster. Four of them live in the Southwest Region, two (counting your Roadster) live in the Central Region, and one lives in the Southeast Region. (It's possible that some may have sold or traded in their Roadsters and have not updated our system.)

If you want to try to organize a Roadster Roundup, I will assist you, but since Roadsters don't have assess to Supercharging some may be reluctant to travel long distances. An ideal place to have the Roundup would be a venue with multiple Tesla Wall Connectors. On January 11th we already have an event planned, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts Meet-up at Whispering Oaks Winery in Oxford. The Winery has 8 full-capacity Tesla Connectors.

Perhaps you might like to compose an invitation to the 7 members with Roadsters to see if they would like to join you at Whispering Oaks on January 11th with their Roadsters.

By the way, our Directory shows that five of our members, including yourself, have an order for the new Roadster.

Regards,

Larry

Thank you Larry and @hcsharp for the info on using and getting the most from this site.
It was an awesome event! The roadster was a big hit for central FL. There were a lot of interests, questions, and pictures. Great to see people get excited about a more sustainable transportation technology.