TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FLAC's out of order

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Demetraki, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Demetraki

Demetraki Member

I just bought a 128GB flash drive, formatted with FAT32. I've noticed that the media player displays my FLAC tracks out of order. The media player seems to sort by file name versus the track number. I have verified that my FLAC's have correct tag information (I'm using MP3TAG). Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Normal workaround in situations like that is to put the track number (00) before the track name in the file name.

3. Demetraki

Demetraki Member

Yes, that is a fallback solution, I just don't want to edit hundreds of files. I may write a powershell script to append to the file name though.

4. Demetraki

Demetraki Member

Actually this was easily accomplished in MP3TAG by selecting all the tracks and using the convert "tag-filename" option.

5. jdw

jdw Supporting Member

For anyone with a Mac running iTunes, TeslaTunes works great for this. It uses genres for iTunes playlists, maintaining play order. It renames tracks within a playlist (001, 002 etc.) and handles any audio file it thinks the Tesla can play including FLAC. Also converts Apple Lossless to FLAC.

TeslaTunes

6. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

While naming your files as "01 First Song.flac", "02 Second Song.flac" and so on is the normal workaround for broken sorting, you might also make sure your FLAC tagger is adding a 'TRACKNUMBER' tag for each track (as opposed to 'TRACK').

7. Demetraki

Demetraki Member

Also, to anyone renaming their files, use the 01,02,03,04,05 format versus 1,2,3,4,5 for single digit tracks numbers.