Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FLAC's out of order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a 128GB flash drive, formatted with FAT32. I've noticed that the media player displays my FLAC tracks out of order. The media player seems to sort by file name versus the track number. I have verified that my FLAC's have correct tag information (I'm using MP3TAG). Any ideas on how to fix this?

For anyone with a Mac running iTunes, TeslaTunes works great for this. It uses genres for iTunes playlists, maintaining play order. It renames tracks within a playlist (001, 002 etc.) and handles any audio file it thinks the Tesla can play including FLAC. Also converts Apple Lossless to FLAC.

TeslaTunes

I just bought a 128GB flash drive, formatted with FAT32. I've noticed that the media player displays my FLAC tracks out of order. The media player seems to sort by file name versus the track number. I have verified that my FLAC's have correct tag information (I'm using MP3TAG). Any ideas on how to fix this?
While naming your files as "01 First Song.flac", "02 Second Song.flac" and so on is the normal workaround for broken sorting, you might also make sure your FLAC tagger is adding a 'TRACKNUMBER' tag for each track (as opposed to 'TRACK').