Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flaky charge port door after latest upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed both glitches since 40.6. Saw this other post about it too.

I was looking for a thread to make sure it wasn't just me. I have the exact same issue since the latest update. When I am leaving home, I press the button on the connector handle and the charge door wants to close right away - so I have to be really quick to unplug. Also, when I get home I press the button on the connector handle to open the charge port door and it opens mid-way and closes right again. I press the button again and then it works properly.

2020 Model 3 LR AWD if it matters.

• Informative
Reactions: pnwadventures
I was looking for a thread to make sure it wasn't just me. I have the exact same issue since the latest update. When I am leaving home, I press the button on the connector handle and the charge door wants to close right away - so I have to be really quick to unplug. Also, when I get home I press the button on the connector handle to open the charge port door and it opens mid-way and closes right again. I press the button again and then it works properly.

2020 Model 3 LR AWD if it matters.
Exactly.

Geez. Can't win. Been on 2020.40.8 since it was released and I was going to update to 2021.40.6 when it's available to me as the USB cover art bug seems to have been fixed, and now this! Is there something about the 40th week in the year that generates these random bugs?