Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flaky charge port door after latest upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! I thought my door was about to break. So it was the software's fault! Please log a bug report using the "bug report" voice command to get Tesla to fix this! The more people that submit, the more likely it'll get their attention.
I scheduled a service request asking them to fix the problem with the charge port door. Whether that's rolling back to the old version or pushing me to a new version, I don't care, but the current behavior is unacceptable.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Like everyone else, I'm glad that I found this thread. Since the last update, my speakers have been crackling, when I engage autopilot the chimes make a really weird glitchy sound, and of course there's the charge port door issue. Port door issue. On my home test the wall charger I can't get the charge port door to open when I press the button at all. When I touch the charge port door to open it it opens and slams shut like it's trying to cut my hand off. As others have noted. I can't even seem to get the charge port door to stay open without physically holding it open which is bad for it. I actually had my entire charge port door motor mechanism replaced a few months ago because it simply stopped working all together back in February. I'm debating on whether or not I should open a service request because I'm sure as hell not going to be paying Tesla $300 for a new charge door every 6 months.

Reactions: pnwadventures
Update 44.5 didn't solve mine. Only had one day to test it out, but both times it still had the same issues. I'm just glad its not a worse bug, its tolerable. I didn't reboot yet, I'll try that and see if anything changes,
Doesn’t seem fixed for me on 2021.44.5 either. At least, the too-fast-door/close is still present. The open-and-shut issue seems better though.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer