Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Flaps in front of the front tires...

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
But this also means they collapse when you park too close to a concrete stop or curb when pulling into the stall, instead of snapping off. I mean honestly, who among us hasn't pulled too far forward before?
Exactly.
But I still park my car's front-right on a stall mat. 3/4 inch hard rubber mat, that raises the car just enough so that this flap is not completely flattened when I pull up to the stop in my garage.

But this also means they collapse when you park too close to a concrete stop or curb when pulling into the stall, instead of snapping off. I mean honestly, who among us hasn't pulled too far forward before?
Today I pulled too far forward parking at the post office, with the nose of the car over the curb. I looked to make sure nothing scraped and saw these little flaps ahead of the tires that I had never noticed before bent against the curb. I'm glad they're flexible.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC