Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flash drive port?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where in the HELL is it? I’ve been all over Google, YouTube, the owner’s manual, and thrown my back out crawling around inside the car, and no joy on either. There is NO USB port in the glove compartment or the center console compartments on my 2022 VIN 2002xx.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
It sounds like you found the glovebox port - the included drive should be 128GB for most 2021 and newer models if I recall correctly. You can partition it for music, just create 2 ExFAT partitions and label one TESLADRIVE for the dashcam/sentry.

There are also 4 more ports in the center console but they are power-only on most 2022 models. 2 ports are clearly visible beneath the rear vents and the other two are very hard to find on the rear wall of the front cubby.

Reactions: ButchAZ
There is *NO* USB port inside my glove box

Edit: wait, so you’re telling me it comes with a 64gb flash drive already installed? I thought that was a piece of plastic structure.

I *could* just call Tesla telephone tech support and ask them. Oh, but wait…

Yes, that piece of plastic protruding in the glovebox is the already installed USB drive (USB A)

So I’m trying to go through the menus using a YouTube video as a guide, but apparently when my iPhone is connected to the car, it silences the audio on the phone. Is there a way around that?

the audio on the phone should play through the car. I sometimes watch ESPN videos on my phone with the audio playing in the car (iPhone). You probably have to turn up the sound, either on the phone, or in the car.

Cellphones and audio can get really quirky, because the phone will have that as a different volume level than other things you might have connected to previously, and because the volume in the car works "in addition to" (not in place of) the volume control on the phone when its is connected to the car.

Phones will generally switch to bluetooth audio automatically whenever present, so your phone is sending audio to the car. Tap the menu on your phone to change it back to the phone audio if preferred.

The car will *not* automatically switch to bluetooth audio whenever a phone is detected, otherwise it'd switch away from your streaming, radio, USB, etc. every time you got in the car. It's only automatic for phone calls, not for music. Tap the music icon in the car to choose bluetooth if you'd like your phone audio played thru the car.

Otherwise your phone is sending audio out to bluetooth but the car has no way of knowing that's the audio source you're most interested in.

And they do "tell you this crap"

USB ports/drives here:

Bluetooth media here:

You're forgetting the fact that we humans have varying personalities :p Some of us (me and probably you) learn about things for months, weighing the pros and cons before buying the best quality/price ratio. Note that there are studies that show that we typically are less happy about our purchases because we know there's something better out there, we know the flaws of what we bought etc.

Others are more impulsive in nature, they buy on feeling. Sometimes they live with it, sometimes they quickly return or sell the thing because they realize later that it's not a good fit. Money doesn't seem to be the main driver for them, which doesn't mean they are rich. These are typically happier with their purchases, barring those that flip it.

Those might be somewhat opposite extremes, and there are plenty of people in the spectrum between those two.

You're forgetting the fact that we humans have varying personalities :p Some of us (me and probably you) learn about things for months, weighing the pros and cons before buying the best quality/price ratio. Note that there are studies that show that we typically are less happy about our purchases because we know there's something better out there, we know the flaws of what we bought etc.
Thats interesting, actually. I am also one who "researches things to death before purchase". I usually start with the "highest model" of whatever it is, and compare that to the lowest end model and see what is removed, and whether I want that stuff or not.

Of course, what usually happens is, I either decide to buy the highest end model (to avoid the buyers remorse you are talking about), or decide to save for that higher end thing if I dont have the funds for it, or decide I dont want it at all.

I am ( I suspect like you and anyone else who tends to research stuff to death before purchase) the one all my family, friends and co workers go to when they want to buy something larger ("which fridge would you buy"? "which microwave would you buy"? etc etc etc).

• Love
Reactions: GtiMart