Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flash drive question for TeslaCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there! Question for the community: does anyone know of a 2TB flash drive that exists that will work for TeslaCam? I have a Model 3 and have been using a 2TB external hard drive up until recently, which was working fine up until 2-3 weeks ago when I suddenly received a compatibility error message (nothing changed, still formatted to FAT32 with "TeslaCam" root folder). So, then I thought to myself, maybe it needs to be a SSD. So I purchased a 2TB external SSD, which failed to work. Now, I'm realizing it must have to be a USB flash drive/thumb drive but I can't seem to find a 2TB flash drive available for purchase. The largest I could find is a 1TB flash drive. Thanks!

That sandisk ssd will work, if you format it correctly. Is there any particular reason you're insisting on a drive that big? 500gb or 1tb are plenty huge. I use a 250gb snadisk ssd and it's more than enough. Also, there are numerous other threads about this sort of thing already - go research those also.

That sandisk ssd will work, if you format it correctly. Is there any particular reason you're insisting on a drive that big? 500gb or 1tb are plenty huge. I use a 250gb snadisk ssd and it's more than enough. Also, there are numerous other threads about this sort of thing already - go research those also.
OK, thanks! I will try out the 1TB thumb drive since the Sandisk SSD won't work, even when formatted to FAT32 with "TeslaCam" root folder.