Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flashed by a parked M3 with no one in the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was leaving a local Costco earlier this evening in my 2021 M3, and on my way out drove by a parked 2021 M3. As I drove by, the headlights on the parked M3 came on, briefly flashed as I was slowly driving by, and then turned off. As I looked across at the car, I noticed that there was no one in the car, which made me do a double take to check that there really was no one sitting in the car.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and is it possible that Teslas "know" that other Teslas are close by and say "hello" in this manner?

It feels like a stretch on one hand, but not outside of the realm of possibility on the other.

In any case, really enjoying the car, the forums and the helpful information that's posted.

• Funny
Reactions: SigNC and Gasaraki
Yep, pre-COVID, at my work, we'd get "greeted" all the time by vehicles in sentry mode, esp. if we're busy swapping plugs (unplugging cars that are done and charging in ones that are waiting to charge).

The HAL 9000 UI should be up on the screen, as well.

I was leaving a local Costco earlier this evening in my 2021 M3, and on my way out drove by a parked 2021 M3. As I drove by, the headlights on the parked M3 came on, briefly flashed as I was slowly driving by, and then turned off. As I looked across at the car, I noticed that there was no one in the car, which made me do a double take to check that there really was no one sitting in the car.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and is it possible that Teslas "know" that other Teslas are close by and say "hello" in this manner?

It feels like a stretch on one hand, but not outside of the realm of possibility on the other.

In any case, really enjoying the car, the forums and the helpful information that's posted.
Yes, the other Tesla thought yours was looking very hot! Did you just wash it?

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec