Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Flasher Feature Request

Would be nice if we could change the amount of times the flasher activates when nudged. Right now it is 3 flashes which IMHO is a little too short. A few cars I had in the past had this as an adjustable feature with either 3, 4 or 5 as a selection. Heck in a Tesla the scroll wheel could adjust this to any figure one would want. 5 was my preference which covered 95% of all situations in my case.

I look at it this way. I turn on the flasher to advise car in back of me most of the time. I do not use it and scoot over immediately as I figure they guy behind need time to react to my intentions. Sometimes I have put on the flasher however it is off before I made the lane change. In traffic I hesitate to even use a flasher as many times this just signals the car behind to speed up and close the gap so you can't get in. Fortunately it is not law to use a flasher where I live.

Reactions: Enadler

jpfive

Supporting Member
Oct 31, 2019
Pensacola, FL
Would be nice if we could change the amount of times the flasher activates when nudged. Right now it is 3 flashes which IMHO is a little too short. A few cars I had in the past had this as an adjustable feature with either 3, 4 or 5 as a selection. Heck in a Tesla the scroll wheel could adjust this to any figure one would want. 5 was my preference which covered 95% of all situations in my case.
My last Saab had five flashes. Surprised me how much I liked a little thing like that.

I would support this. Sometimes I signal well ahead of moving over, and may even get a lane departure warning when I start to cross the dotted line. I alternate between momentary and full flasher selection but sometimes forget to cancel when I use the continuous signal - especially if the music is loud. For my driving style, I'd prefer 4 or 5 flashes.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC