Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flashing red light on charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla wall charger and the indicator light on it is green when not it use. I’ve had it for about 3 years.

When I plug my car it the green light changes to a permanent flashing red and the car doesn’t charge.

I have reset the charger a dozen times and also reset the circuit breaker and the problem persists. The car charges fine on other chargers.

Any ideas to resolve would be appreciated.

I have a Tesla wall charger and the indicator light on it is green when not it use. I’ve had it for about 3 years.

When I plug my car it the green light changes to a permanent flashing red and the car doesn’t charge.

I have reset the charger a dozen times and also reset the circuit breaker and the problem persists. The car charges fine on other chargers.

Any ideas to resolve would be appreciated.
Have you tried the old 'turn it off and back on again' (at the fuse board), maybe for 5mins?

Thanks for your replies but nothing helps. The manual and the link refer to the red lights flashing between 1&6 times but nothing for continuous red flashing.

I have turned it off at the fuse board also.

Think I need to make an appointment with Tesla.

The manual and the link refer to the red lights flashing between 1&6 times but nothing for continuous red flashing.

Huh? Continuous red flashing. Isn't that flashing once?

ie
single flash - break - single flash - break etc... which sounds like what you have
double flash - break - double flash - break - not what it sounds like you have etc

So ground fault, or over temperature protection depending on other lights

hmmm, my money on over temperature if its in the sun.

This is my issue.

For Six Red Blinks

Flashing red lights 6 times means there’s too much voltage or poor grid quality detected. If you’re using the level 2 charger, the power supply should be nominal 200-240 volts. Have an electrician remove the Wall Connector from the wire box and confirm that voltage readings are correct.