Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat Fixed at Mavis - Post-Fix Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PauliePucks

3rd Party Accessory Junkie
Oct 29, 2021
NJ
Got a flat last night (Sunday) on 287 in NJ. Was a small 1/4” self tapping screw that was in the tread. Running OEM 19” continental procontact

Once off the highway near home, I pulled the screw and used my slime fix kit, got the hole plugged (drove under 25mph for the rest of trip home, tire held 40psi after fix)

Luckily I live close to a Mavis and the tire held 40psi overnight. I dropped it this morning, asked them to plug the tire, which they did.

When i picked up the car the tech told me I need to take the car to tesla sc because the flat fix punctures the foam liner and the tpms warning won’t go away.

Is this true? The tire is fixed 100% and driveable. Do I need to go to the sc and replace the tire? That’s what Mavis is suggesting (they supposedly can’t get the replacement tire)

Update, I was able to get the tire plugged at Costco in North Brunswick. They had to cut the sponge to get to it. Didn’t matter to me long as they can fix the tire. But they did scratch my brand new wheel rim though . (Matching paint suggestions) manager was nice enough to recognize the damage and wants to reimburse me for the repair of the rim, but to me I’d have to take it off the car and bring it to a shop. I’ll waste more time that way and will get a spray paint can someone suggested (Krylon - Carbon Mist). Instead and a thing paint brush.

Reactions: PauliePucks