Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat panel led garage lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why the picture flips.

Picture flips because you're uploading from an Apple iPhone. Right?

That's the problem. Anything Apple is buggy.
Not just Apple. My Galaxy S4 does it, too.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a Apple bug. He held the iPad upside down. That is easy to do. I do it all the time cuz I'm a lefty. But the iPad knows that it was upside down so it tags the photo with the appropriate orientation. Browsers and picture viewers that bother to check the tag know it and do show it the right way. So really if anything it is more of a PC browser bug for not checking orientation tag.
That makes sense. I'm a lefty, too. That's probably why I see it with the Samsung

- - - Updated - - -

50 watts, 5000k and 3400 lumens, more white light than the 2 40w flourescent tube I had before. 34000 hours life.
Pretty good. I'm littering my garage with independently switched banks of T5-HO fixtures. 2 54W tubes, 5000K, 4800 lumens/tube, 25000 hours. Fixture is $40, tubes $6 in bulk @ Home Depot.

LED's - 68 lumens/W
T5-HO - 89 lumens/W

With lower ceilings, the LED panels are probably better (more clearance, less risk of breakage). My ceilings are nearly 12 feet, so the tubes aren't really at risk (except in the lift bay)

Not just Apple. My Galaxy S4 does it, too.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes sense. I'm a lefty, too. That's probably why I see it with the Samsung

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty good. I'm littering my garage with independently switched banks of T5-HO fixtures. 2 54W tubes, 5000K, 4800 lumens/tube, 25000 hours. Fixture is $40, tubes $6 in bulk @ Home Depot.

LED's - 68 lumens/W
T5-HO - 89 lumens/W

With lower ceilings, the LED panels are probably better (more clearance, less risk of breakage). My ceilings are nearly 12 feet, so the tubes aren't really at risk (except in the lift bay)
I think what I like about the flat panel LEDs is that the whole panel has even light, with the tubes you can visually see each tube. Plus the covers degrade and become very hard and crack.

I think what I like about the flat panel LEDs is that the whole panel has even light, with the tubes you can visually see each tube. Plus the covers degrade and become very hard and crack.
I do like the look, and I suspect it's even more impressive when they're lit. I wanted lots of light in one of the bays that I use it for woodworking and painting projects (more light is better), and I don't recall LED panels being available at a reasonable price back when I started. My garage has a bit of an industrial shop look (lift, surface mount conduit and (soon) air plumbing), so I don't really mind the exposed tubes.

The LED's are probably instant on, which is an added bonus. T5HO's have a bit of a warm up time.

Nice job!