Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat repaired - Safe to drive like this? 3x 21 Uberturbine, 1x 20 Induction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife had brought the kids to the dentist. While pulling out of her space, she all the sudden gets a bunch of warning lights notifying her of a flat tire. She pulls over, tires flat. 8 screws sticking through the tire. She calls me and I help her get Tesla Roadside assistance. I give them the info that its a Performance Y and has the 21" Pirelli P Zeros.

Tesla makes it there in about a 45 minutes. Puts on a loaner and sends her on her way. So far so good. They said they would arrive at our house on Monday with the 4th wheel and a permanent replacement for about $550. OK, don't have much other choice.

My wife arrives back home with 3 21" Uberturbines, and a single loaner 20" Induction with a Goodyear tire.

Thoughts on if this is safe to drive? We had plans to go to my parents house this weekend about 50 miles away.

The diameter of wheel and tire is pretty spot on at 27.5" on both the

Attachments

• ScrewedTesla.png
    ScrewedTesla.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
They gave you the closest thing they had probably which are the inductions. The standard square setup is 28" circumference which is the same as the MYP front wheel/tire setup. The rear MYP runs 28.7" so it is... close enough. Not much you can do anyways, shrugs. You should be fine on your short trip.