Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat Tire in Remote Location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're supposed to eat rocky road, not drive on it.

I'd rather eat a donut than drive on one, but I've seen lots of posts from members who have bought a Modern Spare:

It won't fit in your frunk or trunk "well" so you'll be sacrificing some space. You'll also want a good quality jack and a hockey puck or other spacer so the lifting pad doesn't contact the battery.

ALWAYS carry a 12V portable air compressor that plugs into the 12V socket in the car. In most cases tire leaks are slow and filling the tire, sometimes repeatedly, will allow you to get to a tire shop.
This has been my experience. Knock on wood it's been rare that I've had a complete blowout but mostly it's been come out to the car in the morning and find a nail in a tire or something. With a compressor it's usually pretty reasonable to pump it back up and drive it slowly and cautiously to some place that can properly plug it or replace it. I have purchased a tire plug kit as well that I put in the lower trunk area since buying my M3LR since it has no spare tire.

Yeah, as long as you’re not off reading in your Tesla, save the space for luggage and gear. Carry a plug kit and a compressor (slime, if you must).

Unless you’re driving on bald tires, going up curbs at speed, or tailgating so you can’t see road debris, you should be able to handle most tire damage like small punctures either by just adding air or doing a roadside plug job. Get it patched after or keep driving on the plug after getting it inspected.

Anything worse than that, unfortunately, you’ll want to be sure you have cell service or good shoes.

Reactions: rpiotro