Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a flat tire today. Scheduled service through the app
The good, tow truck driver was nice. And brought loaner wheel
The bad. He did not know how to jack up the car and said it might damage the battery or cause the car to ignite if battery is punctured. Towed me for free to a tire station to have tire repaired
My recommendation
buy jack pucks from amazon (27$ for 4 of the or 9.99 for one.
BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Jack Pad Pucks Jack Lift Pad Adapter Tool with Storage Bag (... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YKK7LKH/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_D1bAEbYXCJZQ9

Already have 4 pucks in the trunk, along with a scissor jack, and all the equipment to plug and inflate a tire.

I have a spare tire that I keep in the house when I am local, and throw in the trunk when traveling out of the city. I'll have someone bring the tire to me, if needed, so I am not at the mercy of tow truck drivers that could take 5 hours to show up.

Doesn't the tow truck driver or you have google search on their phone to look up how to jack up a Tesla, or how about the owner's manual that's built into the screen?

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
This sounds fishy. He had a Tesla loaner but didn't know how to jack up a Tesla? This might sound vexatious, but wonder if he gets a kickback from the tire company he brought you to or more reimbursement $$$ if he tows.

Either way it doesn't affect you since you would have had to fix the tire anyway and visit the SC to give the loaner back.

Every new owner should be made aware of this and be advised to buy a set. Considering the cost to produce 4 hockey pucks is minimal, every Tesla should come with them, but I digress. I had a slow leak due to a screw that I got it plugged at a local tire shop. They had no idea about the "puck" until I gave them mine to use.