Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fleet Carma Smart Charge Rewards experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to hear the experiences of others on this program They send you a device you hook up to your car behind the center console, where they gather charging data. They pay you a certain amount per month for your participation, dependent upon your location. The object of the plan is to get to charge less at peak times and of course allow them to gather the aforementioned data.

I’d like to hear the experiences of others on this program They send you a device you hook up to your car behind the center console, where they gather charging data. They pay you a certain amount per month for your participation, dependent upon your location. The object of the plan is to get to charge less at peak times and of course allow them to gather the aforementioned data.
Had it on my model 3 in NYC. Loved it. They gave back 10 cents for every kwh charged between midnight and 8 am.
They used to issue rewards cards at first for the credits you accumulated, but now they do a direct deposit into your PayPal account. My monthly payments from them ranged anywhere from $40-$90 a month depending how much driving I did.

Patiently waiting for them to make it available for the Model Y.

Mike

Thank you for your feedback. Can’t imagine what I’m doing wrong, but I’ve had it for 5 months, and have never had a single payment paid to me.

Like clockwork each month, my records show that I’ve charged less than 1 kw at some point during the month. It’s always in the middle of the month, for less than a kw. They don’t pay the stipend unless you haven’t charged at all.

I wrote the company, and asked what could possibly be the problem. I never charge between their restricted hours of 6 - 9 pm They responded rather tersely that I had indeed charged between those hours, when I know I hadn’t. Part of me thinks they’re purposely adding that little time to disqualify me. But it’s hard to believe anyone would be that petty.

Any advice here?

Thanks in advance.