Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fleetcarma Smartcharge for Model Y Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it is not "technically supported" (please envision me using air quotes when you read that), I've read that others have had luck installing the Model 3 FleetCarma C2 in their Model Y.

I've installed it, but for some reason, it will not maintain power and has not been reporting data back to the mothership.

Without getting into a discussion on whether or not using one is a good idea, has anyone here had any luck installing it and having it report data back?

I'm concerned there may have been changes in the latest software update that prevent it from working.

TIA.

I know it is not "technically supported" (please envision me using air quotes when you read that), I've read that others have had luck installing the Model 3 FleetCarma C2 in their Model Y.

I've installed it, but for some reason, it will not maintain power and has not been reporting data back to the mothership.

Without getting into a discussion on whether or not using one is a good idea, has anyone here had any luck installing it and having it report data back?

I'm concerned there may have been changes in the latest software update that prevent it from working.

TIA.
The fact that the Model Y is not officially eligible for FleetCarma even after being out for three quarters of a year is telling. I was in contact with the program manager for FleetCarma some time ago, and he couldn’t provide any estimate of when when the Y might be eligible. (I believe that the Y provides even less information and control to the C2 port than the Model 3, making for (so far) insurmountable problems including the Y in the program.)