Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FleetCarma's Canadian EV sales for Q2 2018, 2785 Model 3's sold!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I was one of the 55 Model 3's picked up in Q2 in Alberta!

Actually, the numbers for all EVs sold in Canada is quite impressive, even when the Model 3 is backed out of the numbers. I'm especially impressed that 7.8% of passenger cars sold in Canada were EVs. It will be curious to see what happens to ON sales now that their EV incentives are gone. The 3 provinces with EV incentives really lead the way, so the incentives appear to be working as intended. Soon we'll see if in ON EVs have enough momentum to continue their surge, or whether demand drops off once the incentive is gone.

In AB we don't have an incentive. There's no PST so we have that savings relative to other provinces admittedly, but that applies to all vehicles, not just EVs. I got the Model 3 even without the incentive because IMO it's superior to ICE vehicles in so many ways it is worth it, even without the incentive. A few others obviously feel the same way, but clearly the incentives in ON, BC and QC have pushed a bunch of fence-sitters off the fence to get an EV.

Reactions: M3AB