Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flexible Keyring for keyfob?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you said you don't like the pockets, but have you looked at these covers? We have a couple and they're very nice: STORE - FobPockets - FobPockets - Silicone - Abstract Ocean

Alternatively, I'd do something like this rather than have metal touching the keyfob. With something like this you'd just have the string holding the key, then you'd have a ring on the other end you could connect to whatever. Small Key Ring Lanyard (Note I don't know anything about this site, but it had a good picture of what I was thinking of).

I know you said you don't like the pockets, but have you looked at these covers? We have a couple and they're very nice: STORE - FobPockets - FobPockets - Silicone - Abstract Ocean

Alternatively, I'd do something like this rather than have metal touching the keyfob. With something like this you'd just have the string holding the key, then you'd have a ring on the other end you could connect to whatever. Small Key Ring Lanyard (Note I don't know anything about this site, but it had a good picture of what I was thinking of).
Thanks, I might actually go for one of the black ones. At first I didn't think I'd go for it, but it doesn't at much to the size and protects it a bit. Why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered! Black and White.

The leather ones Tesla hands out at delivery are pretty bad; my wife never understood where to press to unlock and open the trunk. I tried the Abstract Ocean fob holder and was really impressed with the quality for $10. The only thing I didn't like about it was the little chain but I just removed that and have the ring directly attached to the silicone holder.

The leather ones Tesla hands out at delivery are pretty bad; my wife never understood where to press to unlock and open the trunk. I tried the Abstract Ocean fob holder and was really impressed with the quality for $10. The only thing I didn't like about it was the little chain but I just removed that and have the ring directly attached to the silicone holder.

Exactly what I'm going to do.

This is what I have.. it works fine. They used to hand them out to new owners. I got nothing with mine but turns out they had a couple lying around at the service center.

key.jpg

I've never had any trouble figuring out which end was which but I have found that I no longer use any of the keyfob buttons for anything. I just keep it in my pocket. The car unlocks when I walk up to it and locks when I walk away, the rear hatch unlatches by pressing above the license plate (much easier than fumbling to find the fob in my pocket), I rarely use the frunk but it's easily unlocked from the screen and the charge port opens with a simple tap on the door or charger button (again, much easier than fumbling to find the fob). The larger size with the leather cover makes it easier for my wife to find it in her purse.

Since the holes on the keyfob are weird and won't fit a normal keyring, I'm trying to find some of those metal flexible keyrings. I remember ones that kind of look like a slinky. Anyone know where I can find any? I don't like the pouch, takes up too much room.

I've found these, but it's not exactly what I mean: 2 X Stainless Steel Aircraft Wire Cable Car Bike Bicycle Key Chains Rings, Sports Outdoors - Amazon Canada

It's not exactly glamorous, but I used a small black electrical tie-wrap. Cost about 10 cents. It works perfectly and is very durable.