Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flickering Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for the last 2 days, it's been a bit on the colder side (approaching -10C) and I park in a covered but not heated garage. (No idea if temp is a contributor). When I turn on the car, as I'm driving out of the parking garage, the headlights start flashing/flickering for a few seconds randomly. First day I thought it was a light in the garage that was going to go bad, but the lights in the garage are not that bright, so I'm fairly certain it's my headlights. Never done this before, but now it's 2 days in a row. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue? (For those that say call service, service is 2hrs away, and it's not exactly easy to schedule appointments when they are M-F 8-4).

Thanks for any advice!

So for the last 2 days, it's been a bit on the colder side (approaching -10C) and I park in a covered but not heated garage. (No idea if temp is a contributor). When I turn on the car, as I'm driving out of the parking garage, the headlights start flashing/flickering for a few seconds randomly. First day I thought it was a light in the garage that was going to go bad, but the lights in the garage are not that bright, so I'm fairly certain it's my headlights. Never done this before, but now it's 2 days in a row. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue? (For those that say call service, service is 2hrs away, and it's not exactly easy to schedule appointments when they are M-F 8-4).

Thanks for any advice!
Interesting....I 'thought' I saw this today when summoning the car out of my garage this morning. I didn't think too much of it, but then your post is going to make me look closer next time I do it. It was -8C today, so similar to the temp you reported. For what its worth, it was the front passenger headlight I noticed flickering.

The other morning it was -6c. The door handles & charging port flap of Zsa Zsa( my sassy but classy model 3-:)) at first would not open. After about 10 minutes they both functioned. There were no noticeable issues with the headlights; I will check for flickering going forward.

Interesting that it seems to be a common issue. Here I was thinking I was alone! Well hopefully this means it’s an OTA fix and not a bring to service to have stuff changed fix... going on day 3 with it happening about 30 seconds after I head on my way back home from work.

When I turn on the car, as I'm driving out of the parking garage, the headlights start flashing/flickering for a few seconds randomly.
As a neurophysiologist, I can tell you that random flickering — not a steady frequency — will not induce an epileptic seizure. So you’re safe. :cool: And the thread title is inaccurate...

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
Same, headlights blinking for a minute or so when departing, cold weather (-15C). Funny tough trying to do a "Bug Report Headlight blinking" with the voice command to Tesla. Repeated many time before having a good results. The "Québécois" accent is not helping :)

I believe this is an issue with 2018.50. Mine started flickering right after the update and overall this build of the software has been much more buggy than previous versions. I've had the screen freeze up twice so far this week, prior to 2018.50 it never happened once and I drive a lot so I would've noticed. Hopefully a new update will be pushed next week to fix these issues.

Last 2 nights I've noticed it pulling into the garage. Pulled out the phone tonight, of course, by the time I got to recording I got about 2 seconds of it then it was fine... I will be reporting it if I see it again.