Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flip rearview mirror?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at work so I can't go check but I've always been curious about flipping the rearview mirror. The rearview is /....\ shaped yet the back window is \..../ Being a 7 seater means I've already got limited visibility as is even w/ the third rod folded down since the middle seat in the 2nd row is stationary vs being foldable and/or smaller like it was in my X5M. Nevertheless I was curious if anyone else considered this or has done it. I've watched a mirror assembly removal video but I've yet to try it myself to confirm there's enough slack in the wire to safely flip it over.

I'm at work so I can't go check but I've always been curious about flipping the rearview mirror. The rearview is /....\ shaped yet the back window is \..../ Being a 7 seater means I've already got limited visibility as is even w/ the third rod folded down since the middle seat in the 2nd row is stationary vs being foldable and/or smaller like it was in my X5M. Nevertheless I was curious if anyone else considered this or has done it. I've watched a mirror assembly removal video but I've yet to try it myself to confirm there's enough slack in the wire to safely flip it over.
The camera does not look through the window. It is actually outside the car. Near the license plate.

I'm not talking about a different rearview mirror, I'm simply trying to flip it 180* so it matches the same angle as what's visible through the back window. I thought the \.../ and /...\ reference would make sense to everyone...
It already matches the \ / rear window in Refresh Model X.

20221207_205741.jpg

I guess not so much on pre-refresh Xs.

Screenshot_20221207_211133_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: